It's Raining In Florida!!!

It finally started raining steady about 8:00 tonight and has been getting heavier since. Coming down medium/heavy now with intermittant wind gusts blowing rain against the windows. When nothing happened today, we all thought Fay was a bust and scheduled some regular work for tomorrow. But that's not happening unless this rain moves out.

Last night, they said the wind was still up around 60mph. You getting any of that?

No, I just overslept. The rain has finally quit for the time being. I'm supposed to work this morning but I haven't gotten a phone call with an address yet. It looks a little breezy and still cloudy but nothing to stop work over. I betcha everything is real soggy though.

I was never in the eye, it passed south of Orlando and up the east coast. It seems to have stalled off the coast aimed at Jacksonville. It rained off and on all day yesterday and last night and it's still raining this morning.

vis-l.jpg

Mr. Sir & Skwerl, you all must be lying. According to the news in T.V. this morning;
"The State of Florida is under attack by hurricane Fey". :what::|:

Go figure.

I went to breakfast earlier with one of my tree buddies. On the way home we spent about 10-15 minutes driving through a couple neighborhoods to see what kind of damage was out there. We did find one house with a 8"-10" limb that had broken out of an old rotten oak.

Less than an hour after my last post yesterday, my power went out. I went out and took 5 trees off of 4 houses today (all 4 houses had power) and when I got home I still didn't have power. It finally came on 10 minutes ago.

Still raining here. Too much water, everything is saturated. Big trees snapping off at the base and/or uprooting. I suspect we have not seen the last of the uprooted trees. Here's pics of my first job today. Two trees, one across the drive and the other on the houses. I had to cut the trunk of the first one out of the way before I could get my truck into position where you see it here. The tin roof on the one house got trashed, house on left had minimal damage.

I heard 30" of rain...is that true? Wild storm, its' barely moving. Stay safe

I woke up this morning to clear skies. The rain has finally stopped here. It's been a wet week for sure, rained pretty much nonstop from Tuesday evening till Friday evening. PNWers might be used to that kind of weather but our typical rainstorms last for 1-3 hours, not three days.

I suspect we may have a few more blowdowns this weekend and then a rash of dying trees in the next couple months due to the localized flooding.

Hugashe, how'd you make out up there in Jacksonville?

We talked to a friend who lives in Ocalla last night .To use her exact words she said it was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock .

The lady from Ocalla had some interesting experiances in one of the places they had lived since being in the sunshine state .

They lived near a canal at the time some place in Fla ..When the waters came up from the torrential rains from a hurricane the damned snakes invaded her back yard .

She has a big old yellow lab that would hold those water moccisons at bay while her husband got out the 12 gauge .One time a 4 foot gater decided to move in .That was the last straw,they moved to Ocalla .:lol:

Back