Insane Car Detailing!!!

Never Vista here.... PERIOD...
The last puter I built screams with xp... and is still upgradable...
VISTA CAN TAKE A LEAP OFF A SHORT PIER
NO ONE is gonna tell me what apps I can run...
I will go to lenox before that happens

I was at the computer store recently. They didn't have any for sale with a hard drive smaller than 20 gigs. Average was 40. One had 200. Maybe they sell computers like that to people who need the space to post a zillion pictures of their car wash on the internet?

I was at the computer store recently. They didn't have any for sale with a hard drive smaller than 20 gigs. Average was 40. One had 200. Maybe they sell computers like that to people who need the space to post a zillion pictures of their car wash on the internet?

... Orrrrr if you're like me and your computer will be acting as a DVR for your home security cameras. :/:

That and photo and video work does take some hardware.

Oh. Sorry, no offense. You have security cameras around your house?

Oh. Sorry, no offense. You have security cameras around your house?

None taken, man! :)

I live in a rough neighborhood, and I want to be able to check in on the place from the road. Therefore I am trying to engineer a low-budget camera system that works off of the cameras that I have acquired through work, and will be accessible from the internet.

Otherwise, since I work in the securities and banking technology field, it never hurts to practice on your own home. ;)

So far I am up:

3 cameras
2 camera mounts
100' or so of Siamese cable
extra lenses
a bag of BNC connectors
and a partridge in a pear tree...

To finish I need:
power supply
another camera mount or 2 depending on the final setup
weatherproof housings
switcher(or a controller card-the route I'm leaning towards)
another 500 gig or so hard drive.

Costco has a 3 camera kit for like $150 at the moment. its just a software issue to make them viewable online I would think.

Bouncy, my little USB connect portable drive is 250 Gigabytes. The internals I have are 80 and 150 I think. they are cheep these days.

Costco has a 3 camera kit for like $150 at the moment. its just a software issue to make them viewable online I would think.

... and where is the fun in that, when I can be in it for just a bit over that, and have a system that has more room to grow, easily connected to the web, and can be integrated into my security system. ;)

just a suggestion, jeez, maybe you should call the guy from James Bond, Q is his name I think :P

just a suggestion, jeez, maybe you should call the guy from James Bond, Q is his name I think :P

#1 I'm actually watching Octapussy right now, and
#2 Aside from ATM's I do have access to surplus security goods, as well as a vast wealth of knowledge at the office.

It helps when your company was founded on princinples of security for goods, as well as monetary protection. ;)

http://diebold.com/default.htm

What was the subject of this thread again? :what:

I do think I will take some tips and work on cleaning my truck over the weekend. I still have pieces of glass in the cab and I need to see about getting some of those odd rubber-trim related black streaks off of the sides of the bed.

Does that help? :P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My main bitch is the subject that derailed the tread is threadworthy in and of itself. No need for it to be buried in an unrelated thread.

Trust me. :drink:

Back