I’m a sucker for a bargain

Damaged cardboard box took this 5 ton splitter from $550 to $275. I have a 4 ton already but what the heck.
The dog statue was in the classifieds for $50. Fifty cents for every pound it weighs. I was all cocky when the seller wanted to help carry it to my car and damn near blew my back out being a hero. Resized_20220327_162949_9795.jpeg

Looked at Baileys site today, and they were advertising 100' of WoodlandPro ripping chain for $200. Good price if you can use it. ⅜", .058

My fancy Dyson upright vacuum calved on the weekend and I was about to click on a curbside pick up replacement but decided to head down to Canadian tire and have a look instead.

Website said they had 2 in stock to the tune of $499 but I didn't see them in the aisles. What I did see was a $300 Hoover upright marked down to $150. Got it home, the wife fired it up and praised it compared to the Dyson.

I saved money, got a quality product and the wife was pleased. Will wonders ever cease?

Thanks just snagged the last size 0 Sequoia, saved about $200!
Ryan, you hit the jackpot man!

Hey Bermy and Bioassay,

How was it buying off Rope master site? There stuff comes up often in my searches but never pulled the pin as I'm unfamiliar with there site/service.

Cheers

@canadianclimber Well, interesting you should ask. When I ordered the harness (and hurriedly because the "items left" counter was rapidly going down in quantity over the 48 hours prior to me ordering), I incorrectly made the naïve assumption that they were located in the United States because nothing about their website suggests its foreign. Anyways, first thing first, the checkout was effortless and shipping was $38, but it was FedEx Express priority level, so nothing seemed unsual. FedEx is already expensive without the premium retailers place on top of what they actually pay, so everything was jiving with my understanding of what was to happen UNTIL I was sent my tracking number, which was the very next day, showing the package shipped out of Random Ass Place, Poland.

My world temporarily fell apart. I thought for sure that I was in store for a lengthy waiting period. Then on day three, the tracking said it has become "delayed." Day four, it was suddenly on time but no location update. Day five, tracking showed it arriving in Tennessee, USA. Day six, tracking shows it had somehow jumped all the way to Scottsdale, AZ and the "OUT FOR DELIVERY" status made that day feel like Christmas morning! And then, in the early afternoon hours, FedEx aggressively knocked on my door. I quickly opened the door to see the delivery person has ghosted with the quickness, however, at my feet was my harness; my Treemotion used its passport to come play with me. Naturally, I hid it from my saddle because I don't want it to ever leave. I'm probably being controlling! (obviously joking; had to say it for all of you humor blind individuals)

Anyways, that might have been a lot more than you were expecting, but there you have it. Rope Master is a legitimate operation and they meet their commitments to the customer just as quickly as someplace like Wesspur or Sherrill Tree, which is pretty impressive. I'd definitely recommend them. The price I got on my harness was unreal compared to anything else that was available as well.

@Bermy It makes me happy to know that my deal-sharing efforts earned another person a killer deal!

Last edited:
Same, the website was easy to navigate, my eyebrows went up at the price of the Sequoia even when I switched it from usd to aud, and the postage cost was excellent.I was a little surprised to see the origin as Poland once it was on the way, but my harness arrived via Fed Ex within a week.
Postage was about $46aud which is waaayyy less than USPS from the States.
All in all I got an $850aud harness for just over $500aud.
Proper invoice inside, all tags and instructions intact.
Rope Master are legit.

Speaking as a student of English, who sometimes struggles with are versus is.
Shouldn't that be: " Ropemaster IS legit" and if not, why?

Speaking as a student of English, who sometimes struggles with are versus is.
Shouldn't that be: " Ropemaster IS legit" and if not, why?
If speaking of "Ropemaster" as a group of people, "are" would be correct to use. Using "Ropemaster" as a single entity "is" is appropriate. There may be a style guide that covers the best way to handle that for professional writing, but for every day speech, I think either would be acceptable.

@stig The correct verb for that sentence would be "is." The reason for this is that Rope Master, a proper noun, is singular; there can only be one Rope Master as it pertains to its name and it is something which is an original (no duplicate companies named Rope Master). I don't actually know this for certain, but it's reasonable to assume. Also, from the context, the author is clearly referring to the particular Rope Master in Poland associated with the link I attached. Therefore, "is" is used and not "are." It would have to be written as Rope Masters (with an "s") and be in reference to a chain of Rope Master locations in order for "are" to be used in the otherwise same sentence.

Last edited:
Hmmm...
I'm sticking with are. In my head they, Ropemaster, are a group of people doing things.
Maybe this reads better:
Ropemaster's website is legit.
They are legit.

I can see both sides of it. I personally would use "is" in the original sentence, but I don't think "are" would be really incorrect.

@Bermy I'm from America, goddamnit! Here we believe that, if you don't like grammar, you don't have to use grammar! So if you want to say "are," as an American, I empower you to do it! Just don't start identifying as a cat or anything like that. Although, that is apparently also your God given right in my country. 'Merica!

...and there are deadly spiders that make their webs in trees...Sydney funnel web spider.
Other than those few things it's a bonza place!

Oh..and skin cancer kills more people than car crashes in Queensland...news this morning.

Back