I'm a Dealer Rep!

Excellent Scott. FWIW, I ran my 427 Brute side by side with a buddy's Dingo322 and schooled him on moving wood and brush. I could have lifted that machine into the truck as well, but felt that I would have been showing off. :lol:
I am really happy with the Boxer just looking for a more well rounded machine that is easier on the manicured lawns that I work on. The 427 is great, but operator dependent.

Another big point with me is the lack of turf damage with the Gehls. Carl had me film him crossing a yard once with a big log in the grapple. He crossed the yard turning as far right and left as the machine would turn. If I recall correctly, it was prolly a 2000# log, and there was absolutely no turf damage. Carl has the video on his youtube channel, I believe.

Nothing better than time and labor saving iron. Your back and wallet will thank you.

Carl told me, but I can't remember for sure. Something about the emissions regs on the as engines. I had him check on a 427W a couple of months ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A diesel 427W might be doable. They were supposed to start producing them again the latter part of this year.

The Boxer controls are really disappointing on an otherwise awesome machine.

What would Thomas style controls be worth to you money wise?

I'm not sure, but it's def a hindrance for me choosing a Boxer over the DW. I'm just so not into having a tracked mini, and the DW only offers that.

Are lugged tires the only option on the 427W too? A friend has them on a Toro and they def seem to do damage as opposed to a turf wheel.

There is a turf tire option.

Still, it won't be as easy on turf as the Thomas, but still easier than tracks.

I haven't figured our how to get a 140 in your setup. One thought was a decked log trailer and put it on there. Still means another trip though.

While Scott thinks the 340 is the ultimate machine, thus far I'm highly impressed with the 540. The biggest thing that's impacted me is that I can't fit it and the grinder in the dump trailer as best I can tell visually. The machine's front end also seems to be more tippy than the 340's, but I'm not sure. Luckily it's controllable, not just something that happens out of the blue and flops the machine over. It's possible it's just our impression given the hills and such we seem to work on. It also is my theory that fluid filling the front tires will make the machine more stable than the 340, although that too is untested.

2012-10-20_09-11-42_249.jpg 2012-10-20_09-11-17_848.jpg
thanks Carl, I'll post a couple more pics in the equipment thread when I get caught up.

Thanks for y'all's purchases!

I'm excited about a new loader Top Notch Equipment will likely become a dealer for. Many folks remember the little Avant/Gehl AL20 from back in the day... now they are back and modernized as the Avant 419/420! We (TNE) bought the first unit in North America.

The 419 is gas, the 420 is diesel.

What's got me so excited about yet another articulated loader offering? For one, the price is the cheapest articulating wheel loader on the market. The gas version costs about 25% more than the Zahn, or essentially $20k for the base model with a gas engine.

Secondly, it's tiny! The over all length on the gas is 90", the diesel is 4" shorter. The 419 weighs 2050 lbs! Light enough to tow behind a car! The 420 is 110lbs more. I can also fit in the cab without issue, 6'2" and 250lbs.

And for those that know snobby about controls, this machine is remarkably good. The joystick on machines coming in country next month have the aux hydro functions in the joystick, and the boom extension is to the right of it. I might extend that lever upward so I can run it with the back of my hand while running the joystick.

Contact me for more info! Given the price point and specs, I expect these to be quite popular.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LsGEsJLiHg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damm, pretty good Avant ad you made
I will get A BMG on it and snap some pics
Carl fits in it like a glove
Some Michigan boys with there 540

Attachments

• 2012-11-15_14-42-59_129 (800x451).jpg
    2012-11-15_14-42-59_129 (800x451).jpg
    295 KB · Views: 27
  • P1020583 (800x600).jpg
    P1020583 (800x600).jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 26
And that ad was made entirely on an iPad!

I was thinking we need to stock a 419 or 420 in our southern branch for videoing/documenting and demos!

Oh the Michigan men have TWO 540s !
they bought a 140 with Duals all around also
Just cuz they could I guess (they love them)

Just so you know Carl is ahhh . . healthy and not . . . . well you know
Here he is trying to sell something other than machines at TCI

Attachments

• P1020576 (800x600).jpg
    P1020576 (800x600).jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 48
  • TCIcarl.jpg
    TCIcarl.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 54
Back