I'm a Dealer Rep!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't forget to check with the credit unions for financing! My machine is financed for 6 years at 5%.

I agree usually, get the biggest machine that will fit in your jobs that you can haul. The 540 is 3" wider, roughly 18" longer, and 1500lbs heavier than the 340. Price difference on a base machine is roughly 20% I think, but performance is roughly 40% higher.

I'll have to Mull that over a bit.

I'm a small outfit (3 people), I couldn't live without my arctic Kubota, and it is definetly not too big. If anything, I would go a little bigger if given the option. But it is a ridiculous labor saving ultra dependable beast. Guys that love their minis, that's all good no doubt, but a 540 type machine would run circles around a mini. And they go 99% of the places a mini will go, imo.

I've been playing with the idea of taking my 540 to Baltimore. I'm hauling a dump trailer to VA, so I would have to take the gooseneck.

Biggest downside is it will push my gross weight up 12k+lbs and make me look more attractive to the DOT.

Looks like the second order will be submitted in the morning, who's next? :)

Don't forget, if you order a machine, it can take 6-8 weeks to get in stock. Don't tarry too long if you need a deduction for this year!

After seeing Carl's 540, I am sold. Congrats on the purchase Willard!
No purchase yet guys, just trying to get all my best paying booked jobs done before our tough Manitoba winter sets in.
I have to take a break for a week coming right up and travel to Alberta to take a "train the trainer chainsaw course."

I'm forecasting spring for the 340, I just have to much crap to get done at the moment.

I took on a part time instructor job with a training company to travel different parts of Canada and perhaps the US with their sister company.
My speciality will be chainsaws. Their treating me to a week at a 5 star Mexican resort in the last week of Jan 2013 for a team building conference.
Crazy thing is my family and I are vacationing a few miles from the resort the last week of Dec and 1st week of Jan. I get to come home for 2 weeks then go right back again.:)

A little nervous in my decision though. For one thing I hate airports and planes plus leaving my comfort zone.

Positive side would be good for the marriage.....absence produces fondness.;)

My second order which is my my first machine order went off to Gehl today!

Yee-haw, who's next?

Is anyone interested in me bringing my 540 to TCIA Expo in Baltimore for a demo along the way or around the area?

Can anything be done from the factory regarding the controls on the Boxer mini loaders? I'm thinking today I'd like to stick to wheels versus the tracks on my next mini.

I must have missed it, who bought which Gehl?

Well Scott I guess I won't be as pissed that I haven't got pics of the Boxer to you. Sorry I am not a camera guy until its too late. Congratulations on your new score. I hope to be soon.

I ordered a 140. I think the 340 is the ultimate tree machine, at least as far as most tree work goes, but I'd have to buy another truck and a dump trailer to utilize it. The 140 will lift more than my minis, lift higher, and travel twice as fast, so I'm figuring it will be just right for me for the time being.

I went from debt-free to deeper than I've ever been.....in a matter of days. Oh well, such is life. I figure it'll pay for itself, given the time.

And I don't guess I'll need the pics now, Bud. :lol: I was seriously considering a 427W, but they're not making them right now.

B, not that I know of. I've asked Dave before, I might try again soon though.

I'll let Scott talk about his own purchase.

Back