Ice Tail

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
R

RIVERRAT

Any one make use of this for their hitches? It's cheap & I am getting ready to purchase a gob of line for making my friction hitches.

Any one make use of this for their hitches? It's cheap & I am getting ready to purchase a gob of line for making my friction hitches.

I swear by it! Love the stuff, I carry 2-3 in my bag. When nice people get curios I give them one to try out.

I have been on Ice for about a year or so, and couldn't want anything else.

On a side note I recently tried some Bailout and found it too stiff, grabby/hard to release, and too small diameter.....burns my fat fingers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As cheap as it is & with your alls reccomendation its what I am going to get!

I use Ice tail and like it. I climb on Velocity and run a 3 wrap, 3 braid VT on a hitch climber. Works well.

Dave

How do you know it went into the chipper?

Ive used it, thought it was OK. I still like HRC more. Lately Ive been climbing on grizzly spliced Ocean Polyester. Its the best Ive used yet and lasts the longest IMO. Spendy though.

John I have been on HRC for like for ever & love it. It just cost a bit more. But man it has been durable as a boot.

I didnt know ice tail was considerably cheaper. I would have guessed, comparable.

I can get several months out of a piece of HRC and am nearing 6 months on OP. Although its more costly, with longevity like that, its worth it.

Im gessing it went into the chipper I couldnt find it any were no bener I tink it fell off my rig then got raked up and fired into the chipper

So did I blunder by making my Bee-Line purchase the other day???

If so, then maybe Nick/Love has room for another job.. Like an Ice double end splice for instance?....:brows:

Carl is sold on bee line. I bought some recently but haven't tried it yet. I'm still thoroughly happy with plain jane double braid polyester (New England Sta-Set is my favorite). Been using it for years and the performance is great. You'll burn it up quick if your lifeline is new and still waxy, but it's cheap to replace and releases/grabs very consistently. I never have to think about it.

Bee line seems to be pretty durable. Buy it gets to grabby with use for me.

But I didnt play around with adjusting my hitch when that happened. I probably could have made it work.

I've used bee-line, ultra-tech, and HRC. The 3/8" bee-line picked really easy, I've heard the smaller diameter is stiffer. Didn't like the ultra tech, do not remember why. The HRC lasts well, and has a nice feel. The Icetail looks like it would pick like a champ.

Carl is sold on bee line. I bought some recently but haven't tried it yet. I'm still thoroughly happy with plain jane double braid polyester (New England Sta-Set is my favorite). Been using it for years and the performance is great. You'll burn it up quick if your lifeline is new and still waxy, but it's cheap to replace and releases/grabs very consistently. I never have to think about it.

Interesting not that Wesspur has Beeline at $1.59 a foot, Sherrill is at $1.70 for 100'<. That's $11 bucks Sherrill owes me, minus the $5 sticker they gave me.

I do like Beeline, and best I remember I gave Brendon some (5/16"). The 3/8" isn't worth it IMO, but a 4/3 FP works dandy for my heavy self.

im 270 an im on beeline. but i have yet to try any of the others.

Back