"I bought a fire truck!"

Just had my C6 rebuilt on my 1 ton with the new 400... wish it was a 460. My dad has almost the twin to my 1964 TBird in his garage.. 390... Beside the 56 Belair and the 64 Impala... I want my TBird back! Some car same color just a lil less chrome as my uncle that mine belonged to was a sales man and got the works on his.. Ahhhhhhh the memories :D 72 Chevy LB 3/4 ton 350 sits there too.... Gawwwd he kills me.. He paid cash for that when I was a kid... Me and my sisters save bucks and got him his mags and glass packs for that.:|:

Rambling on .It used to be as cheap to buy the whole Lincoln to retrieve the engine and tranny as to buy them seperate .They also used to snatch 403 Olds engines for hot rod trucks and 455's .

I imagine when the Chinese made a run on scrap metal a year ago that many an old gas guzzler met an untimely demise in the crusher though .Probabley a few old fire trucks as well .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am thinking ahead to when he gets dropped off at school by daddy in his rig... :D
" yeah, my dad is a fireman and we have our own fire truck."

Paul, how did you know????

The first chance that Alex had, he put the car seat in the fire truck and took Hayden to school in it...he goes to a Montessori school. Hayden is obviously proud of getting to ride around in "his" firetruck. Alex cranked up the "Q" siren at the school for the kids. It is a great siren, a classic sound.

Attachments

• IMG_0208 (2).JPG
    IMG_0208 (2).JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0209 (2).JPG
    IMG_0209 (2).JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 12
Here's my old bucket. Those old cabovers had style, me thinks.

Still running and used; doing duty on a farm.

Does his have the access panel behind the seat to get to the dipsticks?

Attachments

• oldtruck.jpg
    oldtruck.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 11
Paul, how did you know????

The first chance that Alex had, he put the car seat in the fire truck and took Hayden to school in it...he goes to a Montessori school. Hayden is obviously proud of getting to ride around in "his" firetruck. Alex cranked up the "Q" siren at the school for the kids. It is a great siren, a classic sound.

Gary, that is kick ass. I imagine Alex would be the cock of the walk after that firetruck dropoff... :D

Here's my old bucket.
Toms' first bucket had a boom exactly like that ,mounted on a Chevy ton and a half with a 292 six banger . 42 or 45 footer .

The damned thing kept blowing the low pressure control hydraulic lines . I put a regulator on it but it didn't help .

So much for that .

Nice pictures of the fire truck and obviously excited young en .:D

I hate those type of lifts with the spear sticking out. I ran one like that, only it was reversed and the spear stuck out in front of the truck. I always thought that was a wack design.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's my old bucket. Those old cabovers had style, me thinks.

Still running and used; doing duty on a farm.

Does his have the access panel behind the seat to get to the dipsticks?

I know there is a panel behind the seats but I don't know anything about it yet...for now it just holds Hayden's Lightning McQueen backpack. :)

Not the shelf behind the seats; fold the seats down, and there should be a panel with two thumbscrews that comes off. That's so you can check the oil, etc. without having to dump the cab, which is a PITA.

I wonder how he recovered from that bucket accident. Anyone know?

Geez ... that must be worth more than $500 for scrap alone.

I think that's a fine purchase. Heck ... I'd have bought it for that. Love fire trucks.

Enjoyed this old truck at the 2014 Crescent City Sea Cruise last year.

Attachments

• Fire_1000.jpg
    Fire_1000.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 17
I wonder how he recovered from that bucket accident. Anyone know?
He is still messed up pretty much John.
He can get around, but a lot of it is on a scooter with a placard for parking.
He gardens with help. He has a tractor and stuff to do the hard work. But mostly has to have someone help.
Personally, I am surprised he survived it. Just the bull shit after surgery should have killed him.

Back