"I bought a fire truck!"

If it's a gas engine, it should be a Ford FE-series engine. (360, 361, 370, 390, etc.)

I bet a pimp might buy it for ferrying around his hookers, being a pumper truck, and all that. :|:

I do believe it's time to go to work.....

Jay Leno bought one and converted it into a custom covered tow truck for rescuing his various old cars when they break down on the road.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got to Alex's a little after 6 this morning...he works today so I am here for Hayden. Dang if that firetruck wasn't idling in the driveway when I got here. He just drove up the driveway headed to work in that '67 firetruck...I guess the temptation was too much to resist.

If it's a gas engine, it should be a Ford FE-series engine. (360, 361, 370, 390, etc.)

You are right. Alex said it is a Ford...maybe a 477...we'll check closer soon.

I bet you could get $800 for that Q

Wow!! He already got offered $200...somebody knows something.:/:

a 503 inline 6? holy crap.
They made some monster gas engines back in the day .478 V6 ,702 V 12 to name a few .

We used to pass those things on a long grade on the Pa turnpike with their manifolds glowing yellow,not red .Talk about running hot and drinking gasoline ,mercy .

I hae no idea why they ever made them in the first place .The last year of production,around 1990 they only sold a couple thousand as a spcial run for Hertz I believe . Fords answer for a Chevy 366 I imagine

I loved the 460 even with the heat problems to the starter..... I wish I still had one... But the 390 is nuttin to sneeze at...
Had a 460 in both the boat and the van when I was a teen.. Friggen rocked!

A friend of mine was recently trying to get me to buy an early 80's F250 with a 460 in it. Boy that thing rumbles and roars, but the gas mileage is ridiculous and the mileage was a bit too high. I did think about, though.

true enough. :) I remember some dude in a corvette once trying to take me off the line when I was in the work truck, the early 80's ford with the 460, buddy wasnt even close (yes he was behind me) after a couple hundred yards. :D

'78 F250 with a cammed '77 Lincoln 460 under the hood. Ford dropped the 460 in '78 but brought it back in the early 80's after they put fuel injection on them. Mine had the Lincoln factory 4 barrel intake, pulled like a freight train and would pass anything but a gas station. Back then they had the standard 85 mph speedometer and one time I spun that thing all the way around and back up to 27. :O

Gary that is to cool.
Your son has the build of a world class rock climber and forarms to boot.

I have both a 390 and a 460 in my shop as a matter of fact . Plus a C6 tranny and a 9 inch Ford rear end with disc brakes from a 78 Lincoln MK 5 .

Why I ever kept them I have not a clue . Both would make good classic hot rod pick-em-truck engines .

The 390 is a true truck engine .Forged pistons,hard valve insets the whole nine yards .The Lincon 460 doesn't have an inserted head .

I saw an antique semi-tractor with a 1091 inch Hall-Scott gas 6 cylinder. That's a biggun.:O 450 and 501 6 cylinders were common in the IH trucks before they started making big V-8s, like the 549.

My '68 IH firetruck has a 392 V-8. Will run pretty close to my friends DT466, but uses four times the fuel.:lol:

Back