Hurricane Ike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you see the Mayor of Galviston on TV last night? She is a tough lady, I remember her from a previous storm.
You folks in TX, LA, and Miss. be careful.

Wow! Ike about to hit the 4th largest city in the country.

Climbing gear and 020 are loaded in the car.

GOOD LUCK... When we drove into hurricane Bob 1985 , none of the gas stations were pumping ... we had brought in enough fuel for the two to three day emergency period ... dumb luck at the time , there were some pissed off choppers who lost $$$ leaving the zone of destruction to drive up-cape for gas...

como?

I am not going anywhere until after it passes through. Austin may get some good 35-50 mph winds so there may be good work here ;)

The storm chaser I was going to sell and coordinate for decidied against the idea.

Nah, I love cans filled to the top with cash. ;)

Wow, 1st Ike fatality.

Hit by tree they were felling to prevent it from falling on the house.

Tejas?

It's actually Indian, the Spaniards stole it from them.

And Tejanos don't speak Spanish, they speak Mexican.

I'd wait a day for Ike, Nate.

And watch those moccasins, they like live oaks when the water's been up.

Are you up to date on your shots? Houston's runnoff is worse than New Jersey well water.

From SE Asia travels, I am immunized against typhus, hepatitis, etc.

Yeah, I am waiting is out. Happy Hour is coming soon ;)

On the bright side, maybe a good flushing of Houston will get some Katrina evacuees out of there.

looks like someone is gonna get hammered by Ike and the surge. CNN has some decent shots on now with the anderson cooper show.
Lemme see, 17 foot seawall, 18 to 20 foot surge predicted, thats easy math, GTFO of that area for a while.

Attachments

• ike1.jpg
    ike1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 57
Wow, it's only a Cat. one... How is it kicking up such a fuss??

4 million out of power?!!!

Reckon that includes you, treetx......

Some of us would be amenable to coming down and working the storm...though it's not too practical as we're 2000 miles away....and we're all busy with normal work here.

Let me know if you hear of someone willing to pay top dollar for one or two of us.

Nah - we're high and dry here in Austin. Predicting less than an inch of rain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
MB, still holding off of you? Anyone been watching the weather channel? Man, the coast of Texas got slammed.

Back