Hurricane Ike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is down to a Cat 2 over Cuba, good news for us, bad for Cuba. The models are showing it coming off Cuba a Tropical Storm, so as of now we are not leaving. Still early though.

Good luck with the storm, hope it stays well to the south.
Stay safe.

I'm glad you didn't have to leave home V. Does Palmer totally freak when a storm is coming? My dog was acting very strange Saturday afternoon, just before the remnants of Hannah hit us.

Palmer does not, but Renegade did. It was a little spooky yesterday, all the birds were gone. :\: We have a bird feeder that they can empty in a day, and it is still full.

we would notice if all the birds left here, turkeys and grouse would have to leave weeks before the geese, theyd have to stop at the rest areas and catch their breath!

My last dog....with the unmentionable name....was a canine weather rock. There wouldn't be a cloud in the sky, but if he started acting up.....you knew something was coming. Same with the severity of storms. It didn't seem to matter if it was raining, or with him, even thundering....but if there were winds coming that we needed to watch at all, he'd be telling us first.

Here's the Key West radar image.

BYX19_anim_t.gif

We have been experiencing the bands all night, but nothing to bad, tropical storm is about it. We'll take a ride around the island a little later, between bands and see what is what.

Opps, we just lost power, I have a battery back up for about 20 minutes. Signing off for now.

If Ike comes to TX, I will be at the coast coordinating and selling this weekend.

Set it up last night. Now it is a wait and see.

Hopefully it comes into northern Mexico but if not, cash is king.

If Ike comes to TX, I will be at the coast coordinating and selling this weekend.

I'll take two...

What will you be selling to help with recovery? Cash is king!!!:)

Back