How'd it go today?

Mine went pretty good but I'll pay for it later.

Back in Sydney for a few weeks work and it's no fun without a chipper, 23 years since I haven't had my one on a job. Turned out ok though.

Two pines today, but just small jobs the rest of the week. $238 a ton at the transfer station now, got caught last week going on last trip price but that load wasn't too heavy.

125 euros / ton here at the nearest dump yard, plus wood /stump not allowed over 6 ".
And guess what? Fires are forbidden in the gardens.
Hopefully, most of my jobs are sub, so the headache isn't often for me.

Treeguys are going to be raking it in around these parts. Or atleast overrun. A brutal storm hit last night and today toppling some big trees. Never seen so many pics of tree carnage in the news around here ever. Maybe just people are more connected with their phones and stuff but reports of whole trees down all over, on houses, cars, in the parks. Everywhere. And it's been windy as hell.

For our 30 cubic yard chip truck, it's $10/load in Topeka. $25/load in Kansas City. We avoid the other one that is by weight, but even full would be ~$60. Firewood logs and free mulch pile at our warehouse/wood lot also see a lot of action, so it's actually getting rarer to pay to dump. We also have farmers that want as much as we can bring, 5 miles outside town.

We are 180$/2000lbs...at the dump.

Marc... how do you dispose of wood? Nothing > 6inches...

Thank you Stephen!
Helped out a bunch today!

More fun tomorrow.

Today was nice and cloudy for awhile then the Sun came...

3a8dad210ebcaf987bb3d77600ad72dc.jpg
bb7511b747fe466bdcaa1bafbd3668c9.jpg
bac2e79772947451f127124ca9c4df96.jpg

Crazy.. wish you could have sold her on mulching the trees or something with it. Probably not a good idea if they had any of the fungus in them. Poor oaks. Looking forward to tomorrow. Having fun! Try to get more sleep tonight. 2000 #, your ground rocks. Bit of a shlep getting all that out of the back.

I am sad to say I don't recognize that rope tool, Deva. Shows how lame an old fart can get in retirement. I used to know them all, before they were on the market. Got a link or feedback, please?

Back