How'd it go today?

No. it's a gimmick. I've tried it too.

Despite Butchs and many others denouncing of the allmighty q-tip. I've always used them and never had any sort of ear aches or infections. I'm lucky I guess.

Ah.

Well, got the leaves off from one front yard section today...only 4 to go, then I can start out back:|:

Mine mows great but I don't care to beat the crap out of it dealing with leaves. They are so thick they'll shut my rider right down.
besides they are hell on belts, bearings, and blades

Waved goodbye to my little chipper after 13 years of service. Got £2900 so all those years of servicing and generally keeping it together have paid off.

Its in good shape for 13 years. For sure good pay off for proper operation and maintenance.

Dave I mow with my deck on the highest setting a couple of times, blowing them into rows. This reduces them making less trips to haul them away.

I can get about 8 feet maybe and she'll bog down & quit.. We're talking ~3" deep green leaves, not a grass blade showing...

Not a big deal, I just rake em and haul with trash barrels...just takes a while.

I used to blow them into piles and push with the mini, but you know where the mini is, and blower is out of commission right now.

The Silvers next door are thick too but out back is not as bad, just box elder & ash. The Mulberries suck! they drop leaves that are stilll holding a lot more moisture than any other tree I've seen.

I agree. Much of the maple leaves I will mow in and some will go in the garden. Mulberry seems very acidic and thick...shuts the ground off nearly completely from air and sun. If I let those sit fur a few days = no grass for quite a while, they kill everything under them.

I've also noticed that where we leave leaves around here is where we have more moles the next year. don't know if there is a direct correlation but it seems to continue that way here.

Back