How'd it go today?

Mick, it was interesting on August's latest tree vid how he, in order to ensure a tear that still has some beef holding it prior to finishing it, cut into the trunk a bit instead of just cutting into the limb or the limb collar.

Just checked it out Cory, precision stuff.
I was sort of referring to mid way out of the branch, if you've a low value target directly under ( fruit tree, shrub,)that will take a branch landing next to it and "spronging" in to it but not a horizontal drop impact.

wow man seems like all your post for the last week or some you been getting rained on
you might want to built a boat (I hate working in the rain)
It's nice to put a young buck in his place once in a while
its good for both of you

Rain, rain and rain, yes.
Really gets to you after a while
I needed a dry day yesterday, to put the roof on the new horse stable, and lo and behold, not a drop from above.
Took 11 hours, but we did manage to finish the roof in one day.:)

Just checked it out Cory, precision stuff.
I was sort of referring to mid way out of the branch, if you've a low value target directly under ( fruit tree, shrub,)that will take a branch landing next to it and "spronging" in to it but not a horizontal drop impact.

Oh, ok, gotcha, Mick. Good technique.

That sucks, Chris.

I needed a dry day yesterday, to put the roof on the new horse stable, and lo and behold, not a drop from above.
Took 11 hours, but we did manage to finish the roof in one day.:)[/QUOTE]

:thumbup:

Saw Troll in da house! Welcome!

Thanks, I actually was in the old Tree house as well for a while, but somehow "lost" contact. Bermie/Bermy told me nice things about the new forum once, so I thought I should try.....:)

Good grief. I actually got to run a saw for something other than funsies yesterday.

We had a fire in the rail road right of way that got into some cotton woods. I was the only certified sawyer on the fire so I got to run our new 441. It was fun.

Been up since 3 with back pain. I guess a god nights sleep isn't on the schedule.

I'm no stranger to long term back pain Chris, ATM I'm almost pain free. All I can say is keep plugging away, trying different treatments, sometimes it's all too easy to give up and just endure.
Keep fighting it.

Massage work helps me a lot. Well worth the money. Its like getting Lube/ oil/ filter maintenance, but for your body.

I'm no stranger to long term back pain Chris, ATM I'm almost pain free. All I can say is keep plugging away, trying different treatments, sometimes it's all too easy to give up and just endure.
Keep fighting it.
I've just quit caring. I have joint damage in 2 places and the neurosurgeon has refused to operate to stabilize the joints. Says at my age and occupation he would ruin me. He said I'd wish like hell I didn't let him Do it. I've agreed to try shots in the joints to see if they bring relief. Neurosurgeon said if I get worse and can't function, he will operate. But not until then if that comes.

Yep it's no picnic.
You've probably guessed I'm not one for pep talks, or "it'll be alright" shit, if it's bad it's bad.
Don't quit caring though. Go and see someone else.

Ha, yes, but it looks like ill be helping Bixler with a crane job tomorrow and Saturday, i shall resume after that :big-wave:

Nice. We're moving to the chillier weather now. I'm feeling the crunch. Booked way to solid until my hand surgery, about a month away. Going seven days a week now. I find that very uninspiring after a couple of weeks.

Fall is here in full force and now rain to go with it. Yuck.

Yep..we've got full color now and days seem a bit breezier of late. Got rained on twice today on Nick's job for about 20 minutes each time. 1st shower (1pm) I came down and took a break, 2nd time was at 5:30 so we decided to call it a day.

Good deal Butch!

I'm feeling the crunch. Booked way to solid until my hand surgery, about a month away. Going seven days a week now. I find that very uninspiring after a couple of weeks.

Not near that much to do to finish up here. A few trees here and there. I'm more inspired to try to finish my big stump job before we get buried in white stuff. Don't need to get it done until May, and bills are mostly all paid ahead through Winter, but it would be nice to collect the large final payment and not have to return in the Spring.

Back