How'd it go today?

Oh and I've found that too. Neighbours are always extra nice when looking for a sweet deal on treework. Lol.

I give all my neighbours good deals. I'd be kinda choked to see my comp rolling in my neighbourhood much at all.

Ya, they arent nosey. They couldnt care any less what Im up to. Except when I dumped chips in some wetlands......

Grendel, nice job. What kinda tree is that?

Thanks squisher! wish I had more pics. Found my camera in the truck while we were taking a fiver and hiding from the mosquitoes.

Sugar Maple, Acer saccharum. Homeowner was worried the base was rotting out, as it was a double leader years ago and he had the other half dropped down the hill. Turns out it was solid as a rock and had compartmentalized almost all the rot down low. Firewood now. Oh well, it would have smashed the whole house if it let go.

I know Butch, I'm bummed about that. One day I'll have more than a log on the ground to show you guys. . .

Used a fancy new rope and everything! haha

The neighbors showed up with their new chopper. Well, new to them, but I think it's only a year or two old.:O I couldn't find the specs online, but I think this one is 650 HP, roughly. They also make a Big X 1100 that has two MB 550 HP engines.:/: Supposedly, it will fill the truck automatically, no need to adjust the chute.

20140608_201312.jpg

Chops up the hay into haylage (grass silage). It also has an 8 row corn head for chopping corn in the fall. They will do in a day what would take us all summer to do with our little equipment. They will chop everything here at home, and we will make dry hay in all the fields away from home. By the time all of that is done, the home fields will be ready for another cutting.

They found him.

A crazy thing happened recently out this way. Some college student's group were visiting a lake, and for some reason a bunch of them decided to jump in with their clothes on, some kind of dare thing or initiation or whatever. It was just a calm lake and right off the dock. Two or three drowned.

Bank holiday here, but got an emergency job an hour away, soooo quoted €300 over the phone, hours work.
Had these two tiddlers to take down.
I love little, easy, lucrative, home in time for lunch jobs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 57
Pruning some casuarinas on the shoreline of a high end property and oopsie, a few branches landed in the water, soooo, had to break out the bikini and go get them, oh my job is so tough :lol:

Back