How'd it go today?

Rather suprised you got lit up by them as they would be in a survival mode. I was shocked with the one I did last year how they had zero concern for me! Cool to say the least and good on you for saving them.:thumbup:

Cool that you saved them. We had some bees latch onto a porta potty once at a community BBQ. We called the bee people who lived just down the road, they had just driven by with a bunch of hives. They were not interested. Made us feel kind of bad.

I am scared of bees and wasps. I cant ride with them at all.

Bees are dying all over the world.
Systemic herbicides are suspected as the cause, or one cause, at least.

I had a fine, if somewhat hard, day.
Slew a bunch of trees, acted as my own brush monkey as I chipped the lot and collected $ 1000 in cash, that the IRS doesn't get to know about, for my " Going travelling for a month this summer" fund:)

I wish the repair shop would call me and tell me whats wrong with my mini engine so I can get it fixed and get it back. Im losing my mind doing everything manually. My groundmen have been grumbling too. Actually, they've been complaining rather loudly.

It sucks when the equipment goes down and you have to go back to the old ways eh? Makes ya really appreciate the equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha it's sick isn't it chris. One use and you say you'd rather be home and wait until it's fixed. Tom got a flat today. Sliced the sidewall good. Just brought him home, put a new tire on, and a nice polish! We finished our yard expansion job this morning. Just gotta haul three loads of wood and get the check. Someone has been trying to get a loan for tom so hopping for that to work out. Ashly suckered me into washing and waxing her car too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 56
We had a little get together to celebrate my mothers 88 th birthday .

I tried my new mower out ,Toro zero turn 54" .Did 2.5 acres in 1.2 hours,not bad .

When it rains it pours .Poor Dar caught a case of the flu which drove her straight into pneumonia .

They have her sedated on a ventilator .I was at the hospitol about an hour ago .Evidently she's recovering a tad bit .Because of another medical condition her veins are hard to find so so they are going to install a "pick line " .Some time late this afternoon perhaps they are going to start "weaning " her off the ventilator .

So it looks like somehow we have to figure out some way to strengthed her immune system .

My Grandmother is going to be 104.

Sounds like a nice mower Al. Mom and dad have a Dixie Chopper that is an animal. Rides very rough, but it sure cuts.

I looked at a couple of Dixie choppers .One was praticularly nice ,35 HP diesel 66" cut for 7 grand .It had an air ride seat .Too damned wide to fit between my trees in some places .It was about 5 years old with 1080 hours. Most likely 11-12 grand new .

That new Toro will flat haul azz .Probabley not as fast as a Chop but real close .It has a premium seat too .Blade tip speed is 18,000 ft/min about the same as a Chop .I doubt unless I screw it up I'll ever need to buy another mower in my life time .

When it rains it pours .Poor Dar caught a case of the flu which drove her straight into pneumonia .

They have her sedated on a ventilator .I was at the hospitol about an hour ago .Evidently she's recovering a tad bit .Because of another medical condition her veins are hard to find so so they are going to install a "pick line " .Some time late this afternoon perhaps they are going to start "weaning " her off the ventilator .

So it looks like somehow we have to figure out some way to strengthed her immune system .

That sounds pretty rough Al. I hope she recovers quickly.

Hope she recovers soon and well Al.

Sax player I cut some recordings with back in the early 90's stopped by out of the blue today. Had a great talk about old times/friends over coffee and I lined him up with another buddy we played with back then to replace his roof. Guess they are both coming over tonight...one to jam a bit and the other just to catch up, visit, and go over the roof job in person.

They both want me to help on the roof later this summer. I've only had a couple small jobs dribble in for the next month, and it looks like it may be a very slow year for me, so it might come in handy for some extra income later.

Took mower out for the first time this year and hit the high spots.

Sorry to hear Al. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery myself. Got into something unbeknownst to me. Getting a rash like poison ivy. Sucks, starting on my wrists right above my gloves.

image.jpg little hive update
Black bear showed up Sunday morning......had to upgrade fence.

Decided to try an unconventional techniques. Screwed plywood to top of hive with large opening. Placed two drawn comb honey supers on top of that. Hopefully they will fill them here soon as the honey flow is about to begin . Also since there a seven feet of bees, I'm hoping this extra room will keep them from swarming.

Technically illegal to keep bees this way LOL..... Will see if they come bust me! Bee inspector lives about 2 miles away. He has yet to return my phone call.

Back