How'd it go today?

Hustling today to get ahead of the cold front/monsoon that is predicted for tomorrow. Knocked down 7 mid sized trees,ground the stumps and pruned another 7. Got all the brush chipped and logs decked for pickup. Just have to clean up stump grinding in the am.

Quite a productive Monday, if I must say so.

Finished up cleaning up a big garden yesterday before the rains rolled in. Rained out today.

And thanks guys. She really wants to go to school to become a doctor, so I figure one day she might return the favor with a bit faster car haha:D

Been trying to kick a sinus infection for a while now. Antibiotics don't seem to be working.

Been doing a small vitamin c routine now. That seems to have been keeping the infection from getting worse. But I'm ready to be done with it. Read about how folks upped there c dosage up to 15-20 grams a day and it knocked out the infection.
Any one have suggestions or warnings

Mega dosing on Vit C can give you the runny trots and farts...otherwise ok.
I do 3000mg if I suspect a cold or infection, then down to 1000 and then maintenance of 500mg daily

The last two days have been brutal.
We were hired to take 3 large ( biggest was a 6 footer, multistemmed) beech trees down right next to the railroad. They are putting in an extra set of tracks.
We had a fairly narrow margin between buildings and the railroad, where trains were zipping by at 80_100 mph every 10 minutes.
We had railroad safety officers on the site, so they could stop the trains if we screwed up and dropped a tree across the tracks and keep track of the train scedule.
The whole time was: rig, get ready and wait for a window of opportunity between trains. Then hustle like mad.
Rig the next branch, wait..............and so on.
Hell of a way to work.
Just to add to the fun, it got REAl windy today, but fortunately blowing away from the tracks.

I was hanging directly above the tracks today, waving to the engineers in trains passing underneath,while waiting for green light.
It was fun to see their faces when they passed under me.

Everything went perfect, before leaving the guy in charge of safety told us that he had enjoyed working with an outfit that really had their shit together, which made our day.
Made real good money, but I'm totally beat today.

So now I'll go train karate:lol:

Last edited:
I expect you'll like the 361...it likes to have the spark arrestor screen pulled at least, and really perks up with a simple muffler mod.

What's the rope? Only one I know of that is sorta that color is the Yale Calomine.

Last edited:
I expect you'll like the 361...it likes to have the spark arrestor screen pulled at least, and really perks up with a simple muffler mod.

What's the rope? Only one I know of that is sorta that color is the Yale Calomine.
Thanks for the advice ... I already had some 361, but they grow old ... But I did not remove the spark arrester. It must be removed after a pass break-in, or you can right now? The rope is made in Russia, the dynamics of 11mm.

With just the screen pulled they get a little louder but not that bad .It's not like completely gutting the muffler and just using the shell .Then they do get loud .

As Al says, not by much with pulling the screen. If anything, I'd guess the pitch is a bit higher, but the total decibels is not increased significantly.

Back