How'd it go today?

With luck it it isn't serious, but I wonder the benefits in hoping that the circlip busted off? That can easily destroy both a piston and cylinder, if a piece of clip gets shot up through a transfer and dragged up the cylinder wall, especially breaking a ring in the process.
You never know until you tear them down .Strange as it might sound I've seen where it did almost no damage and conversely I've seen where it grenaded a piston .

Off topic but I think that Bg 85 blower I bought off flea bay for parts to get the shrouding has a blown rod .I've never seen a Stihl engine that broke a rod .Oh the pistons fly apart like a dollar watch but the rods usually hold .

I picked up my free box saw from the dealer today as well. Cooked jug. Was not a 460 but an 044 :D 10mm wrist pin though.. No biggie. Hell, it came with a 3/4 wrap handle and a 32 bar with chain. Guy ran it lean twice. Saw has serious low hours. Original bar still has most it's paint on it :D I'll probably mod this will a little and have some fun with it ;)
You have options depending on what you want to do .They make after market pistons for 10 mm . If nothing else every so often a new OEM top end kit shows up on flea bay for the fraction of dealer prices .It's definatly worth putting a little money into if it's just a fried top end .--Watch the tramp aluminum now --

Thing is a clean as a whistle Al. I'll take some pics when I can. That's how I rebuilt the last one. Found the new 10mm OEM piston kit flea bay, then bought an aftermarket jug. I bought a lot of other parts as well for that saw so I have about 500.00 into it for a like new 044. I'll do the same for this one, but I'll probably only be in for about 250.00 all told if I buy all the same stuff. Nuttin wrong with that.

Today's scheduled fishing break go kiboshed by a lovely gentle rain.... and an unlovely sore throat. Sokay.

I'm sick today and we were finishing a several day pruning job. It sucked. I'm weak and cold and can't breathe. It's days like this I wish I worked for someone else and could just go home. I slept in the truck at lunch, and did my best until we were done. Came home, slept in my chair until it was time to estimates. Then went and breathed my misery and sickness all over some potential customers. Tomorrow is a new day.

Dang! If you're ill, you need to stay home. All you'll do is exacerbate it and spread it to your workers. Drink lots of water and sleep! :rockon:

Pruning a hedge...but while working last week, came across a lady I knew from 20 yrs ago, she packed in the corporate biz 10yrs ago and now works for herself doing general gardening. Not afraid to work and sweat, I asked her if she wanted some more work...she's worked three days for me now, and is awesome! Detail oriented, proactive and loads of initiative...I can climb and cut and the ground is taken care of, wish we'd come across each other ages ago...I get all my tools carried back to the truck, stuff is raked and blown...bliss!

My trucker/bucket truck guy is in heaven...he got SO many comments from the tradies going back and forth on the road today, working with two women...

That's awesome, Fi. It's always so enjoyable working with other people who share your drive and initiative.
snoopy.gif

I'll be damned if they didn't stick me with a female apprentice today who had the unmitigated gall to try and tell me how to trouble shoot .She must be a freakin genius two days on the job and me with 42 years experience . I kept my cool some how .:what:

Nice FIona :thumbup:

Pruned an ugly and a nice... Got paid... Made some calls and booked a lot of work. Only a few openings between now and December.Just how I like it :) Kat is home tonight.. Soon as the kids are in bed and I get a shower... I have some mom and dad time coming :)

Checked my Twitter feed this AM and found out there is a bear cruising the neighborhood.

"@News1130radio

Mounties in #Burnaby are dealing with a bear in a residential area near Parker and Willingdon. The bear is going in and out of yards. "

@Megan_Violet

Watch out for a bear in Burnaby - Rosser & Nappier. RCMP on scene.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 8
There was a danged black bear roaming around someplace in Ohio a couple days ago .It looked like a young one on the news .I haven't heard if they captured it or the bear made the great escape .Where pray tell it came from nobody said .Might have been a stow away on a truck full of stuff from Canada for all I know .

Think about the bear .Crawled up onto a flat bed full of lumber to take a nap and wake up going 65 MPH on the Ohio state turn pike bound for Chicago .Oh chit !

Looks like you had a lot of big brass paying attention, too. :\:

wait-a-minute: "... big booty ..."? :lol:

Back