How'd it go today?

That is a stone from the mountains around here...they use it for cooking...or for making roofs....

whre there is fire that is steel...

cooking on the stone is easy and nice...

taste comes very natural...

fish, meat, vegetables...anything

So far okay, I'm a little ticked that one of the tires I bought and had mounted and balanced yesterday is flat and off the bead. the whole left side of my body is on fire too. Dim mak points hurt, even with the slightest pressure.

Finished a job yesterday that I underbid. That part in frustrating, but the job was for the most part enjoyable. Pruning several madronas and doug-firs overhanging the bank on the Sound, in beautiful weather, stumps were soft. Sold some additional work to the same HO- dead madrona removals really close to the truck, and I am getting paid to haul off the wood that will keep my house toasty next winter, and its relatively light, being standing dead. I'm a madrona firewood hoarder. About the best that we get around here. This year I've run short on soft woods to get the fire going for the madrona, holly, and plum that leave nice coals for the next morning.

Late April and we are still burning some wood. Clear days are warming it up, and clear nights are cooling it back down. Back to a wet upcoming week, though.

Working for Parks out of town this next week, then going rock climbing next weekend for a bro's birthday weekend.

Very tasty. I was there '79 to '82. I thought the bands in the bar's were good. Remember paying the 'bar fine' and living off base. Good ole day's!

I tried to spend some money today but wasn't very successful. I went out shopping for a new desk but the only place open was Office Depot and I didn't see anything I liked. This afternoon I figured I would go test drive a new Mustang but the Ford dealer was closed as well. Probably for the best, I'm 6-12 months away from being in a position to buy.

Since the van is supposed to be done tomorrow or Tuesday, and it's supposed to rain, I went ahead and cleaned out the truck so it's ready to go in the shop next.

Retorqueing the head studs on a customers 7.3 diesel. ARP wants you to torque their head studs to full torque seven times before they are set. That bring them up to full torque in sequence and then back them off till the seventh time you bring them up to full torque. My arms are about whipped. 34 studs total all having to be torqued to 115 ftlbs. I'll be trying to drop it in the truck later tonight.

well i took and put my saw togeather and got it running and i need to port the intake side but i tell ya it's runs pretty dang good now.i might have to find me a 044 or something to see what i can do with it.ither then that i took and set around the house and worked on saws and looking for more saws to work on.but i'll find some more some other day.

Finally got my handle welded on the 394. I'll show you the repair, even though it is hideous.:lol: I will preface the following photo-narrative with the statement that TIG welding in the rain, with a light wind, and only a 1.5" long contaminated tungsten is not what one might consider ideal welding conditions.:/:

Broken at the mount.

broken1.jpg

First TIG weld in 8 years. Not too shabby, considering conditions.

broken2.jpg

I cut a piece of thin stock and drilled a hole at the mounting bolt.

broken3.jpg

New filter on the left, original on the right. I've never had to clean anything out of this filter, and the saw was new in '97. Yes, I know it's discolored, and most people think you need to always have shiny new filters, but it's not damaged, and a dirty filter will stop smaller particles, and shouldn't be discarded unless it's affecting air flow. Saw tached 12,900 before and after replacement.

filters.jpg

I put one of Skwerl's 32" RSLFK chains on and tried it out on a big ash round I had. Cut very well. I think the full skip and the 8 pin sprocket is going to work well on the longer bar.

Dave, I've had my 395 for a couple years now and I've found the same thing about the filter. I had it in the shop last week to fix the kill switch and I cleaned the air filter for the first time in six months. Almost nothing came out of it, and I've put quite a few hard hours on it this year.

I just changed the air filter on my EHP372 for the first time and I bought that saw in 2004.

I don't care what anybody says, Husky got the air filters and spring suspension right. A long time ago. I like both Husky and Stihl, but cleaning out the older pancake filters on my Stihl saws is kind of annoying after running this husky for so long.

Woke up with a head ache and body aches this morning. Lilly has a bad cough still from being sick. Boys are about over it. Rob still has it. Katy had to be at work at 5AM. I called my Mom and canceled our Easter visit. One of my sisters came up to Mom and Dad's. Made my apologies and went back to bed. Just woke up again at 4PM. Going to eat some soup, catch up on yous guys and probably go back to bed :P

Back