How'd it go today?

Did some fencing this morning. Orded GRCS. Went on 2 bids, got one for sure. Payed stump grinder guy. Got another 2 calls for work. Visited with 2 buddies. Back home for the night.

Work blew up like a bastard this week.

Good luck with that new GRCS, Brendon. Hopefully you have a couple good jobs shortly that will cover the cost and justify the expense. I'm sure it will pay for itself soon enough.

Butch, was that big Live oak a removal or a trim?

got in the last of my training with the chinindia groups (YAHOO) - also get in a 12 miles bicycle ride - that was the BESTEST yet . only 1457 more to go. . . .

I wrote a Climber's Corner for the Arborist News today. Not sure when it'll be published though. "Tie-in technique while piecing down a leaning spar." I just need to take some pictures and submit it for editing.

I wrote a Climber's Corner for the Arborist News today. Not sure when it'll be published though. "Tie-in technique while piecing down a leaning spar." I just need to take some pictures and submit it for editing.

"Stay on the top side" pretty much covers it 95% of the time. :P

:lol: Yeah, I know... In the article I go over a trick where you use a running bowline, bit to the top side of the spar, so you can lean away from the bit of the running bowline, sideways to the lean of the tree. That way you can see where you're cutting while making the facecut. I could attach the article if ya want, and you all can grill me about it. I haven't taken any pictures yet though.

Today was a good money wise. No damage, nothing brokedown. All until the end of the day it was perfect. Then my dumbass goes to step down backwards out of the bucket truck and rolled my ankle all the way over.

So I sit here with ice on this guy and hoping that I can hobble to work tomorrow.

If all else fails I'll play armchair arborist.

Today was a good money wise. No damage, nothing brokedown. All until the end of the day it was perfect. Then my dumbass goes to step down backwards out of the bucket truck and rolled my ankle all the way over.

So I sit here with ice on this guy and hoping that I can hobble to work tomorrow.

If all else fails I'll play armchair arborist.

worst injury for me was a sprain after throwing a line.....DOH. Rest bro. It'll be worse if you force it.....take some vitamen I. Ibuprofen:D

I worked about 1.5 hours after it happened. Drivin the mini, With the Captain Morgan pose. Damn I should have taken a picture and sent it in to the contest. Don't anyone steal my Idea, Or else. :lol:

We got the chipping done in a little over an hour, 8-9 yards of chip for a total of 30-32 yards so far from that tree.

Geez Scott, buckets are suppose to make the job safer!

Next time I have a job with oodles of chipping in one spot, I'm going to make sides and a top for the dump trailer, and pull it behind the chip truck methinks.

Carl did you get the Manly lifter running Again?

The chip trailer sounds like a great idea. Too heavy to tow full of chips, behind the chipper truck full of chips though.

The parts will be here Wed.

Why would it be too heavy? That'd only be 34-39 yards of chip. Just load the wagon, the mule will pull it!

You'd need a class A to be fully legal.

We had a good day pruning a large cottonwood with nothing but grass below it. It was a fun climbing tree. All three of us took a turn in the tree. My 19 year old groundie limb walked out to some really scary places on his first big tree. I think the kid has a lot of promise. My other climber joked that the kid will be passing me up soon. I responded with "and how exactly would that be a bad thing?"

Ha my chip truck has outstanding brakes, it can slide all 6 tires with a full load. Add the brakes on the trailer to the 4 large disk brakes and I'm golden.

There is one neighborhood I'd have one hell of a time getting out. I'd be more worried about the mule getting it going than the brakes doing their bit.

wheelbarrowed 3 yards of 3/4" crushed gravel and about 8 yards of garden soil in to the install job today. Back Thursday for 10 yards of lawn soil and the small plants (about 100- 1 and 2 gallon plants) then 30 some, 6 foot cedars, 45 rolls of turf, 20 kilos of grass seed and 8 or so yards of compost mulch to finish up Friday.
:)

Well... I know it don't sound too exciting... but I kept a lot of planes from rubbin' paint tonight. :D

I am finding out how much I really missed doing this job during the 2 years I was away from it. :)

Gary

hey, I saw a plane or two go over today! small world!!
:P

I was working a bit east of YVR today, apparently the wind was from the east to west, hence the flightline for takeoffs was over my head!

Back