How'd it go today?

Only worked till noon and boss asked if I wanted to take 1/2 day PTO. Sure! I get 20 days off so I don’t mind taking one or 1/2 here and there when slow.

My only call was 4 separate gas leaks in 1 residential utility room. Completely tripped the gas to the water heater and had to make 2 repairs on the furnace piping.

The homeowners name was Ms Sequoia Fields.

Trimmed a neighbors red maple back from the house to satisfy the homeowners insurance company. They actually did a visual inspection. It felt like a sloppy climb, like I was clumsy. I assume everyone has days where they move fluid like and days where they feel awkward? Maybe lessens with time?
Some days I am the ocean, the great sea itself, and I flow like water, quick up the trunks like desert rain.

Some days I am the Boulder, rolling along, with a series of jerks and starts, seeming to careen off the stems like an errant caromb piece...

Still the job gets done, the targets safe, and the homeowner happy.

Worry not friend, we all have days where we feel the hack, and others when we feel the TreeMaster.

Perhaps a Monday snuck up on you, they are sneaky creatures and can strike at any time. Also, their venom can be long lasting, if not sluiced in confidence. Beware friend! Beasts lurk there!

I do try John, I do try.

All our treeple need lifted up, always.

Sometimes I must roust the poet to do them justice. I apologize that I do not have such beautific words for all, as they do escape me.

I only hope to honor the work done by those greater than myself.

Took a break from Woodturning to make new legs for a slab of oak coffee table that I threw cheap legs on 30 years ago… finally doing it right. Took the tree down which I made the table out of in the early 1970s - slab sat in the shop another ten years before it came home.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0286.jpeg
    IMG_0286.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 6
Dumb work and firewood again. Got home and looked for my feeler gauge, but I don't know where it went. I did find my toe in my toolbox...

IMG_20240321_170435058.jpg
I found that on a job ~30 years ago. Picture doesn't do it justice. It's weird looking and fun to hold. I actually thought about it recently, and wondered where it was. I'm glad it turned up :^)

Sorry, I meant to post that. Yea, it's a rock of some kind. Almost seems like quartz that absorbed(!) dirty oil. I haven't tried to wash it or anything cause I really like the way it looks, but floating around the last 30 years hasn't altered the color.

John told me about a one day 15% off Echo sale at a local dealer. I finally picked up a 2511T. Lovely little saw.

I was running it around the house and it attracted 2 neighbors. I saw one of them coming slowly around the side of his pole building, following the noise 🤣.

Running motors or tools generally attract most men’s attention.

Attachments

• IMG_9145.jpeg
    IMG_9145.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9144.jpeg
    IMG_9144.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
I'm a little jealous of the box. I've yet to have gotten a box with a new saw purchase aside from my poulans, and one of those was just a paperboard wrapper around the case.

I’ll give you the box! They offered to assemble it and gas/oil it up but I refused. I’d do it faster as well as see how it’s made. They said they usually don’t send one out in a box.

Is there a needle bearing on its outboard clutch? Looks to be.

Back