How'd it go today?

Took the day off of physical work... sore elbows ( biceps tendons maybe) from some hard climbing yesterday, after a 3 week vacation, and then a bunch of work, so I just felled and flattened a couple trees for a customer, trying to finish a few things before the weekend and hopefully a few days on vacation with my GF before the next 3 week stay-cation with D.

An hour with the ms261. No wedging.

Homeowner cleanup.

Dam, sounds like a work group I should sign up for ...
So far, about 30 yards of chips from dead dry downed oak trees in 100* full sun. I doubt any one would enjoy it. All wood bucked to firewood. And you should see my pants. Everything is in tall velcro/stick tight weeds. I put a rope away today and got little pins from them in my fingers from doing so.

I think 4 of us bucked about 6-8 Cord by 1230 today. I joined in after chasing the lost tow truck. Then lead him in through the fire zone and he even unloaded it in wrong spot. After first arguing with me about going to the wrong address to pick it up. Then arguing with me how far in he would put it. Told him could just drive around the house and drop it at X. He then nosed in where his ass should have been going the wrong fekking way. Then backed out. Turned around. The backed it in and stopped 30 feet short and told me he would drop it there.
I gave up. I just wanted my diesel off his truck an d on my merry way back to the job site.
So I took the John Deere over to the shop. Going to push the diesel into a spot I can work on it this weekend. Turn the key to unlock the steering. Just for Shits and Giggles. I try start. It starts and I parked it in the spot. You just can't make this shit up.:|:

Sometimes they need just a bit more attention, it's not up to you to decide. Just be thankful she didn't play too hard to get! :lol:

I may sleep in the living room for a few days (sometimes I fall asleep here anyway). I could get a gun from a neighbor or 2 but the axe should suffice. The 3.5lb chopping axe would be best me thinks. A camera isn’t a bad idea.
Got this letter in the mail today. It went through the post office. Called the Sheriffs deputy to the house to take report and try to make sense of it. He couldn’t find any reports of Jeep / Olds incidents. I never owned an Olds. 6 people in my county share my name. None of them are Olds owners either.
That’s damn disturbing and bizarre Mike! A gun isn’t a bad idea, just in case. I’m glad you’re not taking this lightly. There’s just no way of knowing how far this might go.
I’d let the neighbors know to keep their eyes open for any funny business as well, and don’t hesitate to call 911.
Hope you and yours stay safe and this turns out to be nothing at all.

Moved into my new to me truck today. Still have bits of stuff to gather from the old truck, but it's ready to work. I liked my handcrafted spruce window so much in the old one, I busted out the new window so I could have the same thing...

IMG_20220804_121806998_HDR.jpg

:^P

It's just there to block sunlight, and maybe hang things from it. The glass is still there. I also put mylar film over the left rear window. Blocks vision of people looking in as well as sunlight, and it's useless to me. I'm getting a tarp later today to cover the bed contents til I figure out what I'm doing. It's kinda nice having access to the whole bed, and I'd like to keep it. My options are just keep using tarps, maybe build a semi rigid rollable cover made from tarp and wood, or cut down the hard top from the dakota so it fits. The last option would be the most professional, but it blocks off the rear of the bed. I'll have to see. A tarp will give me time to ponder the problem.

A chain of events led me out to my backyard this morning just in time to catch someone checking the doors on my van. With a locked gate between us I asked, "What do you need?" to which he replied, "Holy f%$#, you f%$#ing scared me!" I guess I should be more courteous when catching someone trying to break into my van. Maybe have a string of bells as if I was walking through bear country. Speaking of bears, if he wasn't armed with bearspray, he would've at least had a knife. I'm glad I padlock the back gate.

Moved into my new to me truck today. Still have bits of stuff to gather from the old truck, but it's ready to work. I liked my handcrafted spruce window so much in the old one, I busted out the new window so I could have the same thing...

View attachment 122485

:^P

It's just there to block sunlight, and maybe hang things from it. The glass is still there. I also put mylar film over the left rear window. Blocks vision of people looking in as well as sunlight, and it's useless to me. I'm getting a tarp later today to cover the bed contents til I figure out what I'm doing. It's kinda nice having access to the whole bed, and I'd like to keep it. My options are just keep using tarps, maybe build a semi rigid rollable cover made from tarp and wood, or cut down the hard top from the dakota so it fits. The last option would be the most professional, but it blocks off the rear of the bed. I'll have to see. A tarp will give me time to ponder the problem.
Do you know or have a roofer or roofing supplier close? If so see if you can get some .060 epdm rubber. It's heavy enough that it won't fly out of your truck at speed.

Cool. I'll keep that in mind. This is still in trial stage to see what it's like to live with. I got the tarp, and have it tucked down behind the heaviest stuff at the back of the cab. I ran pull tape around the inside perimeter of the bed, and clipped the tarp to it on 3 points down each side, and one point in the center rear. The idea is it'll keep my primary gear dry, but water will go in the fully plastic lined bed and out the back. To uncover the bed, one side will be unclipped and rolled to the other side where it'll be tied.

Might be a PITA, but it'll allow full access to the bed, unlike the trifold hard cover I had on the Dodge. It's a $10 experiment to see if I should pursue it further. If I did, a better material than tarp would be better, but it's hard to beat the price of tarp($5).

Security is of course non existent, but security on a pickup is an illusion anyway. The expensive stuff is in the cab, but I have thought about putting my poulanpro in the back. It would be nice having a bigger saw onboard, but I'm not sure I have the room. It's pretty well packed.

Cool. I'll keep that in mind. This is still in trial stage to see what it's like to live with. I got the tarp, and have it tucked down behind the heaviest stuff at the back of the cab. I ran pull tape around the inside perimeter of the bed, and clipped the tarp to it on 3 points down each side, and one point in the center rear. The idea is it'll keep my primary gear dry, but water will go in the fully plastic lined bed and out the back. To uncover the bed, one side will be unclipped and rolled to the other side where it'll be tied.

Might be a PITA, but it'll allow full access to the bed, unlike the trifold hard cover I had on the Dodge. It's a $10 experiment to see if I should pursue it further. If I did, a better material than tarp would be better, but it's hard to beat the price of tarp($5).

Security is of course non existent, but security on a pickup is an illusion anyway. The expensive stuff is in the cab, but I have thought about putting my poulanpro in the back. It would be nice having a bigger saw onboard, but I'm not sure I have the room. It's pretty well packed.
With the rubber you just throw it over your stuff! Lol. Put 2 pallets down so the water doesn't get on the bottom of your stuff. But yes as an experiment 10 bucks is cheap.

Looked at taking out 8 super crispy softwoods. Was going to more storm cleanup after day job but heavy thunderstorms forbade that. Pretty intense cloud patterns. Much more awe inspiring in person.

Crazy letter lady hasn’t made a move

I ordered $135.00 from American Arborist Supply. All in stock stuff. There was one sewn eye request. They didn’t respond to 2 emails or 1 phone call. I don’t remember if it was 2 or 3 weeks from order date before I sent the final email yesterday to refund my card. Today they gave me the tracking info from fedex. There better be extras in that box!

By far Bartlett has been the best to deal with. They don’t seem to get mentioned too often.Are they somewhat taboo because they alsoperform tree services ?

Attachments

• 41421390-99F3-4B24-A694-6B78DD177791.jpeg
    41421390-99F3-4B24-A694-6B78DD177791.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • EC66E151-DC2A-4C72-A4FC-D2F0F3CBFC38.jpeg
    EC66E151-DC2A-4C72-A4FC-D2F0F3CBFC38.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 7EB8CE6C-59C2-495C-A375-6AA62C5375EA.jpeg
    7EB8CE6C-59C2-495C-A375-6AA62C5375EA.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
I could be wrong but I don't think they are related to Barlett Tree service

I’m pretty sure they are related companies but I could be wrong as well! (Happened many times before) Bartlett Tree Experts and Bartlett Supply. 2 separate divisions though. Now I’m curious.

Back