How'd it go today?

Got up my beech to retrieve the line and bags I got stuck last week. No wonder the rope wouldn’t go through or the bags wouldn’t come down. Tight, tight, tight!!

Attachments

• 8D178AAC-EDA4-415E-930F-45936D1F3B49.jpeg
    8D178AAC-EDA4-415E-930F-45936D1F3B49.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 0E582234-FE52-4B62-B07F-F8EDA3581B23.jpeg
    0E582234-FE52-4B62-B07F-F8EDA3581B23.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 21D8121F-0A1A-4966-BA8B-21FA86C6CB7A.jpeg
    21D8121F-0A1A-4966-BA8B-21FA86C6CB7A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Here I sit waiting for my flight from Montreal to Seattle after daughter #2 graduation. What a day after two cancelled flights on Air Canada and a delayed one on Alaska Airlines. Hours spent on the phone and at the various desks and customs etc. Waiting on the airplane cleaning crew to show up so we can (hopefully) board and get the hell out of Canada and over to SeaTac. Early flight to Alaska tomorrow so we won't get much sleep. Here's a picture of Victoria Lake in Stratford , Ontario where my daughter had her graduation ceremony. IMG_20220611_152000_HDR.jpg

I wont even fly anymore if I can help It.

Made some progress on the diesel today. New tank came in and parts. Got the pick up and sender soaking in some rust killer/remover over night. Got rear tank installed and lines flushed. Got her running on the rear tank. Should be no worries on the midship once installed. Once that's done, some fuel pressure tests and check some things. Then test drive.

Got my mower back from the shop...Bill read "welded rust back together where possible" :lol:

when I went into pay the Owner told me he said to the mechanic to "write exactly what you just told me on the bill"

We agreed it's really close to time for a new grass cutter...(maybe past time from their perspective :/:)

I worked there for a year before starting my own lawn business and the owner & I have played in several musical gigs together over the years & he was best man at my wedding.

Guys just lost a cotton weed 45 degrees to the lay. No damage. Just makes it a PITA to fetch out of the disaster it’s in. Supposed to be the clearing crew out here with the heavy iron. I’m in a mini excavator and that’s decent iron, but nothing like they run. Oh well, it can sit till tomorrow

Kind of a crappy day. Was doing boundary recon in wetlands. It was hot, humid, and lots of bugs. Saw a few turtles though, which was cool. Got home and shortened grass. I'd have pushed it off, but it looks like rain just about all week. Not constant rain, but if the grass didn't get done this week, it would be torture doing it next.

To closeout the saga of mystery plant... If there was any doubt about it being hosta, that's gone. Definitely hosta...

IMG_20220613_151924723_HDR.jpg

Had some rain today, so I worked a bit on that oak. Got to give the 490 a good workout. I think I have the tuning close, but the saw doesn't excite me. It's ok, and much better than the poulans, but it's my least favorite echo. Not much in the way of balls. I'm also not digging the .325 chain, and I've gotten a good refresher on why I don't use full chisel. I spent almost as much time sharpening as I did cutting. 78 drivelinks. Seems like it takes forever to get around the loop. I don't know why manufacturers have to be such dicks about making ⅜"lp available on longer bars/bigger saws. That saw would greatly improve with ⅜"lp chain on the 20" bar. Reading around, it looks like a rim might be able to be acquired, but I dunno about a 20" bar.

Oh well, even as my least favorite echo, it's a good saw, and more than worth the $125 I paid. I'm certain I used it more today than the previous owner did ever. I also picked up a Fiskars light splitting axe. I tried Treeaddicts, and was impressed with how it worked, and the plastic handle didn't feel completely atrocious like it has on tools past. I couldn't find the X25 close to the office, but I did get something very similar, just not X series. Dunno exactly what the differences are, but this axe splits great. It'll live in the truck for times the maul/wedges are too much. The plastic handle won't distort while crammed in the truck either. Pretty good day. I've got about ⅔cord of wood split and stacked so far for the boss' daughter.

We blew apart two stone dead oaks. One has concrete in and has many many cracks. The other one is good to go. I had to change plans from rigging to basically double firewooding the thing. Set a line on the last 30’. I am almost thinking we can just pull it over it’s so busted up. But the wood is ready to burn.

Back