How'd it go today?

They say that kids don't remember things very well until age four. My wife and I say that it is ironic how important these years are and they won't remember any of it.

:) I got to se my niece and nephew today for a couple hours. they have moved about 40 minutes away after being 5 minutes away for the last 4 years. I used to see them 3-4 times a week, now it seems like once every 7 to 10 days. I miss em. they missed me, they were all over me during my visit, we had fun chilling in the new yard and running around and such. its all good, if they dont remember these times, I sure will. no doubt.

Nothing like time with your little ones.

I got to spend the day with my 4 year old nephew. He was in such a snuggly mood we spent most of the day just snuggling on the couch. I'm going to miss this stage when it's over.

Oh yes,today,which is labor day,10 hours at work.It paid quite well for my time.:D

After work I dropped three trees ,next door.A leaner cotton wood,over a barn and two hollow bitter nut hickorys.

I had good intentions of making a comparison of the three main falling cuts,normal top wedge,humboldt and open face as a comparrison thing for another thread but it wouldn't have worked well because of the 2 hollow trees.

The danged cotton wood was tipped about 15 degrees back so I left a lot of hold wood and stood it up with three wedges then like a dummy nipped the wrong side and missed my mark by about 20 degrees.

No damage but like my old pappy used to say,even beavers scew up sometimes.Well,chit happens.:what:

I tested the new Solo 637 on two top down pine removals. I'm pretty pleased. It isn't a Ms200T in speed but the saw is light, has a decent control layout, balances well with a 16inch bar and with 40ccs it has some grunt.

SO how did my day go......hmm I might be banned from the Franklin Walmart because of their idiots they employed. Otherwise it was great. I finally got a cell phone that worked, did a little more unpacking(yes...still), otherwise I just chilled.

i_p_phone_kyocera_kx1.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I had a nice day euthanizing an old oak at our National Cemetery. The weather was awesome, I'm feeling Fall in the air!!! Sweet!!!

Cut down a big Cottonwood. Blew the dead top out of another CW. And pruned a big Black Walnut while racing a thunderstorm. My shoulders are killin' me but it was a good day. I go back for the firewood and to grind a 5foot diameter stump tomorrow. I had help today so all the clean -up was my buds' task. I was just climbing and sawing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got to fly a bucket while killing a water oak, but I really wanted to kill a couple groundies. :/:

5 quotes / site visits, collected an old debt and got some checks in the mail. all in all an easy one.

Interesting point TC.

When we told him about the pay structure, etc, he barely reacted. The moment we told him that we would put him into ArborMaster Canada his eyes lit up. When we told him that when he qualified we would support him in becoming an ISA Certified Treeworker and eventually a Certified Arborist, he got really excited. Interesting................

Yep, money is definately not the most important thing to many people.

Natalie

It's not quite that cut and dry, IMO a good man will want to learn more in order to advance in the industry, and the pay increases will come with the advanced knowledge. This is much different than paying somebody an extra couple bucks per hour because he humps brush and logs out of the back yard faster than the other guy.

Well I'm off until Monday,nice weather,a bit of early fall tidy up.I moved about 3 cords of wood I had piled and covered for several years.I have perhaps 3 times that amount in little piles,hither and yone.

I did remove the bearings from Toms stump grinder,for replacement.That was quite a feat without a press but I got er done.

Today was only 75 degrees and cloudy, but a brutal day. A 100-foot Tupelo and an 80-foot Beech, both over a cheesy above-ground swimming pool. Both takedowns of perfectly good trees, but the HO wants a lawn, rather than woods in his backyard, so oh well, somebody would remove them. I didn't even know it was a Tupelo until I got way up into it, and I could hardly believe it. It was a native, at about the very northernmost extent of its range.

While about halfway done with the second tree, both my upper forearms went into very painful cramping. Then, after the arm cramps went away, just like the Wicked Witch of the West's toes curled up -- my fingers curled up! I couldn't uncurl them! Finally, after a few minutes I could uncurl them. Back to chunking. Bizarre and a bit scary!

The cramping is typically due to dehydration. Easy to forget to stop and drink water when the weather starts to cool off and the humidity drops. It isn't unusual for me to quit sweating on a hot day due to dehydration. Those are the days that I end up cramping something terrible by evening.

The cramping is typically due to dehydration. Easy to forget to stop and drink water when the weather starts to cool off and the humidity drops. It isn't unusual for me to quit sweating on a hot day due to dehydration. Those are the days that I end up cramping something terrible by evening.

I love watching tv on the couch with my legs in an eternal cramp.
Just you know trying to relax.

Is this the same sqwerl from arborsite? Yes, it is.__MB

If so I remember cause you're close to hwy 70 or something.

I think you're right, Skwerl. Even though it was relatively cool, I was drenched with sweat after the first tree, and all I had before the second tree was about a pint and a half of water (and 2 slices of pizza). I usually am pretty vigilant about keeping hydrated, so I really freaked out with the cramps (never had them before like that).

I hydrated pretty well after, however, with about a 50/50 mix of water ... and beer.

Back