How'd it go today?

1300' of climbing...er uh riding today. Wraptor never slept today. De-vined 14 trees today.....thanks PAUL!

1300' of climbing...er uh riding today. Wraptor never slept today. De-vined 14 trees today.....thanks PAUL!

Damn! :\:

I didn't do any climbing today, but I looked at a job, and got something big in the mail. It starts with G...

:D

So, have you smoked a rope with it yet? Sounds like it's really paying for itself. :)

nope...My guys are lovin it. I will experiment tommorrow with a new/old rope. It saves so much energy it should not be legal.:D

All I know, is I have a couple pine take downs next week that'll only require one cut now.

:D

Just got some sad news from the fire zone :(

Two gals we have cleared burnt, charred, fried....... brush and trees for, saving what we feel might come back called today. A pretty (well it was once) Ponderosa I believe (never did get a chance to identify it, could have been a sugar) that had been scorched by the Telegraph fire last year lost its life... They cut it down despite my efforts and consult to save it. Last time I was up there, it was showing signs of new growth all over it save for some of the lower branches. I had been trimming it up as each branch gave up the ghost. The top was fine and new sprouts all over many limbs. They killed it :( I wish people would listen.
Good news is the new ponderosa we planted Valentines day gained 3 inches :)

I did a little messing around on my truck motor this morning. It has been having blowby coming out of the valve cover gasket on the left valve cover. When it does this it also pushes out a little oil and drips on customer's driveways. It seems like there is a lot of pressure in there so I took apart the thingy on the other valve cover that vents the blowby into the intake manifold. There was a steel wool filter in there that was full of oil. I cleaned it and now it doesn't blow the stuff out the gasket. I had to run the wife around a little this afternoon and then I looked at a job for a pipeline co. taking out some trees that are in the way of a drain/sewer pipe project.

Nope I'm supposed to turn in my bid tomorrow morning and the bid for the main contractor has to be in on the 28th. Probably 2 days work, maybe one day if I don't make firewood.

Well I got the new bucket together yesterday and moved around the driveway. Brought home some fresh fuel today for it and this evening drove it to the scale smokey and the bandit style ( no plates on it, groundie followed me to hide the missing plates). Great little truck, 9750# of iron:D I'll get a little vid for you Stephen, in a couple days.
Thanks to every one who was helping me with english lessons:D I took a placement test today and scored high in english!
Picked up a 3k job for next week, best in awhile. 2.2k job tomorow, things may be starting to pick up here. I need to get the new truck regestered so I can use it next week

Nice Willie. No riding on the short bus for you!:D
I do have a 2K job for 2 weeks from now. I had a dusk to dawn light fixing job for this morning that postponed. Chipping a little brush tomorrow. Thinking about running an ad in the local paper for yard clean-ups and lot discing. It doesn't get any funner than that!

Sad day!
Worked on the mower I worked on last week, had to clean the carb, it was nasty!
Unloaded the trailer, then went to pick up another mower an hour away.
I have worked on this mower for the last six years. I HATE this thing!! Big narly Craftsman, but the people are nothing but nice!! I give them a bill and they just pay it, PERIOD!!!
The man is suffering from alzheimers and the wife was VERY dissapointed when I got it to run. She doesn't think he needs to be running it!
I tuned it up, sharpened the blades, washed it, and even gave it a coat of wax for a sale. I am going to miss these folks:cry:
The wife did get my back to pop tonight though!:D

Just worked in my shop at a leisurely pace, starting to build a blanket chest in cherry. Beautiful weather, late afternoon rode my bike over to the tree job I'm getting back to tomorrow, to let the home owner know I'll be coming. The owner is a stone craftsman, makes big grave markers. His wife does all the polishing. Nice people.

IMG_0532.jpg

Nice looking Jeep, RD. Congrats!

Back