How'd it go today?

I’ve never seen one under the bed and I’d never install one there due to liability issues. I’ve yet to see a holding valve on the cylinders of those “contractor grade” abortions that look like Ray Charles fabricated under a shade tree out behind Harbor Freight. How people decide to kill themselves is none of my concern but I’m not going to help them.

yeah im not worried about hydraulics failing or anything on it really, if you are scared put a piece of 4x4 between the frame and the box, shouldnt be poking your head in there anyways, absolute worst case you lose an arm
so I just plan to use my left hand to grab chains, I need my right hand

joking aside, its pretty safe, theres a prop rod, and brand new hydraulic lines, odds of one failing with an empty trailer are next to zero

well I guess yall were right, my trailer couldnt handle the weight after all, shoulda bought an F550 and a 40ft gooseneck, wasnt even towing my excavator when it happened
poor mini van, might have burnt the transmission out of her today too, moms gonna kill me if we are late to soccer practice because I gotta put a new transmission in tonight!

1694562838635.png

Raised a Norway spruce canopy over 2 roofs. I hit a sap pocket and it ran out like syrup. It was running onto my climb line but I didn’t want the ground guy to let go of the rigging rope. I’ve never seen such a pocket I mean it was FLOWING!!

Saw a pin oak and hickory that grew up together.

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6599.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6608.jpeg
    IMG_6608.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Believe it or not we had something very similar pull in to our shop property last night. Not our guys.
Free trailer? Throw some axles under it and send it!

They probably figured you had equipment to unload it or something? High as a kite and pulled into the wrong tree companies yard?

Finally got a rear work light on the 40, gonna add side lights eventually
This machine had a pre wired beacon light circuit I was able to use, separate switch and everything, even had grommets already installed!

20230912_202529.jpg 20230912_202514.jpg

12 sided?
Yea, 12 sides. I have a small collection of UK coins I got from an ebay purchase. I bought a sgian dubh from a guy in Scotland, added a couple bucks, and asked him to send me a couple coins with the knife. I expected a couple pennies or something, but he sent me every coin in circulation, including the £10 coin. The value was way over the extra money I included. Nice guy.

I had a crazy experience last night. A massive, slowly moving storm system rolled through which contained roughly 4 minutes of intense microburst (torrential rain and insane wind gusts continuously) which ended up causing a very large codominant pine to come crashing down on my apartment building. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but at least two apartments in my block have water damage and structural damage. To make matters worse, we lost power (unrelated to the falling tree) for what felt like an eternity. I was up all night sweating in my bed until eventually the power kicked on again later this morning. A second storm system with tremendous thunder came rolling through, dumping even more insane amounts of rain, but the power remained in tact, thank goodness.

Here's 60 sec of me filming the microburst, unable to leave my door frame due to intensity, right as as the power went out.

Here'60 sec of me filming the intense lightning and thunder.

Here's 60 sec of me touring the fallen tree/damage last night.

The tree was probably 80 feet tall and I had just climbed it about two days ago. It had a very hard lean which, combined with the extremely dry soil and high wind gusts, meant it was this tree's time to go. What's worse is that, in the process of falling, it took out a thick, sturdy limb on the deciduous tree next to it...which also happens to be the limb that I use to test all of my friction hitches. Ugh. Not the end of the world, but ultra inconvenient.

Here's the aftermath. I'm baffled by the second tree that got ripped out of the ground in the exact same compass direction (likely from the same gust(s)). Why? Because it has almost no foliage on it and it was like that prior to the microburst. In the pictures with the pine they already have most of the top removed (visible in the foreground), but it makes sense...it was super top heavy with a vicious lean. I'm glad it didn't fall on me during my climb a few days ago. Learning experience. But the the smaller tree, I just don't understand. There were so many better candidates for a wind gust ass whoopin' and why that tree? Anyone have any insights? #TreeWhispererNeeded

I've lived through several serious microbursts in Massachusetts and during one insane storm we lost 15 mid-size trees and multiple branches from some larger trees. Does anyone else feel a sense of profound sadness when something like this happens? I feel like I knew these trees. If you look at where the pine hit what I believe is a eucalyptus of some sort (correct me if I'm wrong), off to the right where there's one remaining rogue limb, where all the rest stick out to the left, that's the limb I test hitches on. It's such a perfect height and it goes parallel to the ground allowing for effortless throw weight tosses over it. Now it's fractured and I've already seen half a dozen limbs break off this beautiful tree and now it's going to look f*cking ridiculous with a serious lean if they cut my limb off. It's out of my hands, though.

PXL_20230913_203730760.jpg PXL_20230913_210130903.jpg PXL_20230913_210307499.jpg

@Knotorious
That was a good storm you had last night. My aunt’s landing was delayed by 3 hours because of it and she lives out there on the other side of phoenix from you.
Wow, that's quite the inconvenience. I can sympathize with your aunt. At least nobody was seriously hurt. What's weird is that this was the first time that the national weather service didn't issue a warning ahead of the storm and, ironically, this was the worst storm I've seen since I moved here three plus years ago. They have always issued warnings for even dust storms...but not for this. It likely developed too quickly and violently for standard detection methods to catch it in time is my guess.

got started on a little project, dismantled my branch manager and ordered Kubota QA ears, making a mount to put the BMG on the mini ex, since itll only be 1 bolt to swap from the kubota to the boxer when I need I think itll be super handy, would love power rotate but im thinking I can make this work till I can afford to buy a full size power rotate grapple

using some 1/2" plate I had laying around, basically 2 ears on top, flat square plate connecting the 2 and 2 small ears to hang down and attach the BMG, then going to put matching flat face couplers on the machine

Back