How'd it go today?

Had a shitty day today. I loaned some money to someone who I thought was a friend across the country in my home state of Massachusetts and today, the day we agreed he would pay me back, he ghosted me. I'm not exactly a man of means, so that really put a dent in my proverbial portfolio. It was a substantial sum, relatively speaking. I feel betrayed and I feel foolish. I have always been an empath; someone who readily empathizes with others; sometimes to a fault. I wasn't expecting this. Oh well, it's no reflection on me. He needed help with his rent and I offered him that help. People just fu*king suck sometimes and, although I took a loss, I also know that I tried to be a good friend. In retrospect, my aid to him was impulsive. I have ADHD (passive type) and I'm notorious for jumping the gun and behaving without proper forethought. Screw it. Karma is a cold b*tch. It ain't easy being greasy and he'll get his comeuppance in due time.

In other news, I whipped the ends of four ropes tonight using polyester twine. I bought an assortment of bright colors so that I could make the ends of my ropes more visible. Also, since many of my termination knot tutorials on YouTube require me to show the ends of my various ropes, this adds yet another element of visual attraction to the videos by having pretty colors for the eye to follow as I make various maneuvers.

Tomorrow I will receive an order of 10 foot lengths of three different types of hitch cords. I can't wait to try them out; especially once my new rope wrench and tether arrive. Secondly, a friend of mine hand made a 30" spliced 10mm EpiCord for me. Yet another gorgeous eye to eye to add to my collection. I wish aramid fibers were water soluble so I could have a 24/7 IV drip! Just kidding................................I think! heh heh
depending on how much money it was it may be worth taking him to court over
however without a contract signed by both of you, I doubt they will do anything, however even just the threat of it might make him pay it back
ive had to threaten angi leads and yelp with cease and desist orders so they would quit calling me, even tho I have no chance against them in court (I cant afford a lawyer) the threat alone has made them quit calling, might work for you?
im now lawyer nor do i claim to be one, take this with a grain of salt and engage brain before participating in these actions, and read up on your local laws

Boss had percs. I collected firewood, and milled his brother's column. The new edging mill works very well. Didn't come out square, but that was my fault. I didn't check for 90° with the bar after I assembled it. It's sufficient for the intended purpose though. Used my shitty poulanpro. That worked sufficiently well for the task, and I didn't beat up the bars on my good saws. That'll be my edging saw going forward. Good use for it.

Tweaked my back. Holy shit that wood was heavy. 8"x8"x8.5' of still wet red oak. I'm hoping I can get at least some of my grass done when I get home. I still have to unload firewood. I'll carry a couple pieces at a time, and use the self propel feature on the mower 100%. I usually push the majority of it myself.

More bird poop on my truck today😡

2 days ago I cleaned off the same amount of poop in the same spot. It’s back. There isn’t anything within 50’ of the truck for the bird to sit on and drop these bombs! It seems intentional.

We have a nest in our front porch light. Maybe it’s revenge for the bird always having to fly away when we enter/ exit our home🤣

I’d really like to know if it is that particular bird. It’s really a lot of poop.

Went back to work today. Had Monday off due to Norovirus. I believe it killed most of my beneficial microfloura in my intestines. I couldn’t eat without extreme bloating, gas (I didn’t know a human was capable of such a capacity- could have sold it to the power plant down the road), and a quick liquid exit 45 minutes later.

Lots of yogurt, probiotics, electrolytes, and bananas may have finally done the trick. Glad I didn’t need a fecal transplant (look it up!😂) Sorry for the poop talk but I am a plumber 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 874C951D-BC24-414B-AB6B-C7050580F0C3.jpeg
    874C951D-BC24-414B-AB6B-C7050580F0C3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 5061738F-9828-4B1F-93D3-79223EAF3014.jpeg
    5061738F-9828-4B1F-93D3-79223EAF3014.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
More bird poop on my truck today😡

2 days ago I cleaned off the same amount of poop in the same spot. It’s back. There isn’t anything within 50’ of the truck for the bird to sit on and drop these bombs! It seems intentional.

We have a nest in our front porch light. Maybe it’s revenge for the bird always having to fly away when we enter/ exit our home🤣

I’d really like to know if it is that particular bird. It’s really a lot of poop.

Went back to work today. Had Monday off due to Norovirus. I believe it killed most of my beneficial microfloura in my intestines. I couldn’t eat without extreme bloating, gas (I didn’t know a human was capable of such a capacity- could have sold it to the power plant down the road), and a quick liquid exit 45 minutes later.

Lots of yogurt, probiotics, electrolytes, and bananas may have finally done the trick. Glad I didn’t need a fecal transplant (look it up!😂) Sorry for the poop talk but I am a plumber 🤷‍♂️
Buy a jug of Metamucil. I can't handle the sugar free stuff, just the real sugar orange flavor. It tastes like Tang from back in the 70's. Drink a heaping spoonful in 8oz of water every day and it will clean your system right up. 30 second dumps, 2 wipes and you're done. I've been using it off and on for 15 years now.

metamucil on Amazon

Buy a jug of Metamucil. I can't handle the sugar free stuff, just the real sugar orange flavor. It tastes like Tang from back in the 70's. Drink a heaping spoonful in 8oz of water every day and it will clean your system right up. 30 second dumps, 2 wipes and you're done. I've been using it off and on for 15 years now.

metamucil on Amazon

Lots of fresh figs can turn that 2 into a 0

Much better! I don’t think I have barfed that much before in such a short amount of time, my ribs still hurt. I’m a little dehydrated but keeping fluids in and eating.
I gotta ask. How long did this last? Wife and 1 child seem to have it now. Apparently the weather isn’t the only thing being sent a day or so later from you😆

Speaking of explosive excrement, i attempted to climb again. 🤣 My partner and buddy at work has a tree he wanted gone at his campsite before he brings his new camper there, just a little one, maybe a couple limbs cut, no biggie. 30"+ dbh cottonwood, leaning hard over a pond. Fought like hell getting a line set, wayyyyyyyy harder when you can't just walk over to it! Got up to height to start the first limb walk and my back just wasn't gonna let me do it with the line angles. So I'll do it with a lift with the camper there, sucks but it simply wasn't happening. The thought of if i gotta bail I'll be dropping in the middle of a pond sealed the deal, and i figured i would likely be even more pissed if that happened. Maybe if i hadn't already worked for 8 hours, but yeah total fail :lol: Was good to climb again tho, it had been a bit since I've been up in one.

"Suit yourself..." :^D
I told everyone on their crew they had to back up 2 tree lengths, they refused, I did my typical "ok, dont say I didnt tell you so"
oh and the company owner (I think) was telling me to park my truck half in the grass so they could get their trucks out, nah bud, you can pay my tow bill and the sod company but thats not gonna happen today

people are dumb

The last two weeks, the guys have been killing it. Today was great even though it started out by putting down 60 mats for the crane access. Big silver maple gone and mats loaded back up by lunch time. Then a nice sized storm damaged pin oak in the afternoon. I had to leave with a 15’ spar left to drop and a few small broken limbs in the tree next to it.
The youngest woke up puking around 1:00 am. He was the one I suspected to be ill. I got a call ( reason I had to leave the job) that my middle child threw up at school. Wifey is still miserable, but at least not blowing up the toilet and trash can at the same time now. That brings my house to 60% plague. Things are not looking good for me escaping this. I’ll most likely end up falling ill on the weekend. 🤬

Good luck Rich! Maybe sawdust helps kill the germs.

edit:
Might as well say how the day went. It was a pain in the ass. I had to stake a road for lightweight fill, and the plans are garbage. They don't give enough information to know precisely what they want, with some of it being clearly wrong. I basically made it up. Staked, graded, and cuts marked in stages. I did it a bit at a time so I could at least have something done for them to keep working.

Boss still sucks at running the gun. Found a mistake on a previous stake I graded and marked cause he forgot to write the elevation in the book. I told him to back it in from the cut I remembered writing, and confusion then ensued. Told him to just reshoot the stake, and I got a different answer than the first time. Turns out he pulled the wrong proposed elevation the first time we shot it... He can't work the way I work. I'm basically winging it the whole way. I start with a skeleton of a setup in the book, and I expect him(and me) to have the flexibility to adapt. These sites are chaotic and fluid. You just can't set something up in the office, and expect it to work in the field. Too many variables to account for, and you never know exactly what you'll find when you get out there

Last edited:
Back