How'd it go today?

I find Facebook marketplace better for buying and selling. Used to use Craigslist all the time before everyone switched over to Facebook so it’s not what it once was. What saw were you looking at?

Thing looks brand new. I've been considering one of these for awhile. It would make a good office saw.

Getting the kids on the bus in a minute and then heading to Hellertown, PA. Three days of playing with cranes and hanging with some good people. Also get to see my Canuck brother
Hah my ex grew up in hellertown. Working in Bethlehem?

I was unemployed when my daughter was in grade school, and got to go on a few field trips with her. I had a good time, and was glad I had the opportunity. I think I was born with a horseshoe up my ass. Even when things aren't going great, the other side of the sword is pretty decent.

That possibility(not specifically you) occured to me when I posted the full ad, but I figured "screw it". If someone else gets it, it wasn't meant to be. I'm still incredulous that the deal's gonna happen. Getting a reply AND getting the item I wanted? It's almost too much to ask for :^D

Some cold virus or whatever knocked me down. In the last 72 hours I think I slept 60 hours.
Not feeling super motivated, but much better. Now the grass is shorter, the pool is slightly less green and probably crystal clear by tomorrow. Changed the catalytic converter on the old Corolla virus, only had one minor fire, motherfuckin my way through a wheel bearing and just noticing the new parts require some heat and a shop press.
Maybe if I stay right here and sleep like a dead man sprawled out in my driveway, nobody will try stealing my tools.

Didn't do much today. Climbed one of my walnuts to remove a couple dead branches. The real reason was to tryout my 11mm line. Pretty skinny stuff, but I'm interested enough to buy 200'. I got the Kernmaster Special Static. Good time to order, cause wesspur's giving away a Camp foot ascender with $250 purchase, and with stuff I already wanted, it came to $251. I didn't have to add extraneous stuff to the cart to hit the limit.

I've never used a non locker, so we'll see. It'll give me the option of having a ropewalker setup in the truck. Since I have the foldable saka on the way, I can use the cmi knee ascender I made for the truck kit. Depending on how the foot ascender works, one of them can go in the truck, and the other in my main bag.

Had to go into work today because the city wouldn’t allow the road to be closed during the week. Job went great. Had the road closed for three hours. Then I blew an air line on my rear chamber. Of course the cage bolt was frozen tight as well as the ones on the other chambers. Crimped the line with vise grips and had to release the slack adjuster all the way to get it home. Then I chipped some brush for the neighbors. Grilled some brats and am about to enjoy dinner. Might have a small fire this evening.

Sounds like a live Mexican(?) band on the other side of the subdivision. I think it might be a graduation party. Took me a bit to figure out what it was. It first sounded like Bollywood, then it sounded like Italian ballads. I walked up to my property line to get a better listen, and it's latino of some kind. Sounds like a fun time.

Finally dropped the two tanks on the F250 with the 7.3 today. Serious fuel contamination. Midship tank almost looked like sand was dumped in it. Should have done this when I bought it back in 2015. Cheaper to order a new tank than have it dipped. New tank on the way. Rear looked good but did have water in it. I know I had a bad fuel episode from a certain fuel station back in 17 or 18. Chipper had it too. Just never got to the F250. Non Opped it and dugg into other things.
Got the IPR on it replaced and she would run, but rough and not long. So here we are. Flush the system and see where we are now. Wish I had the money for a two filter and electric pump set up, but that will come later.
Get this running and then pull the motor out of the 4X4.

Lotta work. I was just telling the boss yesterday, I've never had bad fuel the whole time I've been driving. I guess it happens.

Grabbed some succulent soil. D and I have a small and growing collection, needing bigger pots. Paint for trailers. New drill bits.

Sold a nice job to a new, referred customer, homeowner cleanup. He's got more work for next year, too. He's hearing the mulch and water message, and will rent and chip.

He bought saddle, spurs and lanyard.

I'll see what he has for gear and get him set up to rope climb when I do the work, if he's in.

Put 2 tanks of fuel through my 461 for my/ my gf's firewood pile, and 1 tank for my neighbor. Sawmill slabs a plenty from his brother's mill.

Cooked dinner.
Watching MMA.
Submission wrestling is pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Back