How'd it go today?

I do the same thing. I don't know anyone who had anything bad happen walking with obstructed hands, but I've had some close calls, so I tell myself to "Get your damned hands out of your pockets!". We both know better, right? I think the issue is you start out on good terrain, and you just keep going with it, even though the terrain's gotten much worse.

I'm using a jackhammer bit, so it's hard metal that tends to break. It wasn't the top strike that broke it. I was hitting it back and forth to wallow out the hole, and a piece of the collar broke off.

Easy on smacking those bits John. I’ve broken a few over the years and they always end up in more than two pieces when they break.
Still didn’t get my week end list finished. My wife wanted me to accompany her to the grocery store. To many people but I did ok with it. Then she kept me busy in the house. I need to go and clear the driveway again. Not sure if I’m going to do the neighbors drives yet. It’s only 3”.

Came home yesterday to missing 7000 gallons of water. Thanks to wifey left horse trough on. Now well pump looks toasted. Hoping just clogged pipe. Ordered 7000 gallons for a fill till we get it sorted out. Been running the masticator all day so I have fuel runs to do and figure dinner out so Rob is meeting them with a check at each house. Its pizza night now. Fug it.
Might have to pick up Levi at work at 5:30. Katy is at least an hour out at a dr appoint with Lilly.

Crazy professional and worthy opponent, and I’m rooting for KC next week against the Bengals.

As is widely noted, it was likely the best nfl game ever.

It was incredible. Mahomes is a straight up ninja and Josh is complete savage, a moose of a farm boy.

When he threw that freaking TD bomb right after KC had that fairly long TD drive, that blew my mind. Straight gangsta move. :drink:

A well is especially tough. I've always had municipal water. No pumps to worry about, no particular cleaning procedures, and when the power goes out, I still have water. Pretty luxurious for such a basic service.

Easy on smacking those bits John. I’ve broken a few over the years and they always end up in more than two pieces when they break.
Still didn’t get my week end list finished. My wife wanted me to accompany her to the grocery store. To many people but I did ok with it. Then she kept me busy in the house. I need to go and clear the driveway again. Not sure if I’m going to do the neighbors drives yet. It’s only 3”.
I’ve got a elderly widow up the block from me so I plow her driveway and she bakes me the best damn pies I have ever eaten. Apple, cherry, and lemon meringue that is to kill for. Some times favors pay off.

Pump pulled. Rob has it up and out while I was handling fuel, bank, errands and the water truck. Looks like its just clogged up with sediment. Little pressure washing, flush the pipes and we should be gtg. Solar pump goes in the ground this summer. Less volume to try and recover the system by with less sunshine this time of year. At least the pump is only about 160 feet down.
Portable winch for the win.

Back