How'd it go today?

Mine? My daughter got me that when she was little. She went to Myrtle Beach with a friend, and got that from a Tshirt shop, presumably from the discount rack. It says "Got Rum?!" :^D

Lucky man. Im lucky if the wifey cleans her own truck.

Pruned some oaks that need to just die. Refused a cracked one. Did some crown raising to make enough hours to bill the custy a worthwhile figure to 4x4 kit out there.
Most the pruning was removing big subbs a welll guy left cutting his way into the well head so not to scratch his truck. Some were almost 12" limbs.
Got paid. Trees look better. Did not die. Just got lit up by meat bees (wasps). Guess there were living in the base of the one tree and found my pole saw annoying. So that tree still looks rough. Oh well. Living the life.

Pruned some oaks that need to just die...
Got paid. Trees look better. Did not die. Just got lit up by meat bees (wasps). Guess there were living in the base of the one tree and found my pole saw annoying...Living the life.

Hell Yeah :dude:

Went up to the yard and messed about with a Drone I brought back from my dads in the UK.

It is really good quality, messed about with the settings and took it to 450m high and then tried to fly it to my house about 1.5 Km away. Not enough battery life as we had turned on the alarms for the return to home function. Must have set it a bit high, so it decided to come home.

Pretty good fun though.

Then we read the rules and regs. Max altitude should be 120m. So quickly set that back to legal limits before the F16’s were deployed. 😜

72586867-473E-4BDB-B2E1-A76F07C10FC2.jpeg 49CA348E-8566-498E-AFAD-C138D0FB0DB8.jpeg 51269E3E-8C09-403E-B173-D17DC34CDE15.jpeg

Feeling caged waiting on this collarbone to heal. I’m not used to being still at all. Managed to practically single-handedly mount the scope on my BIL’s Savage MSR-10 Hunter. Boresighted it, then got it zeroed in 5 shots. (Him shooting. I can’t shoot currently...😢)

9A264584-9124-40E5-8282-BD91E16E259E.jpeg

Last edited:
Practice what you preach. I advised the kids to try to sleep when he sleeps, so they’re in better shape for the ‘all-nighters’.
When we were watching Lowen and he fell asleep it was also Grandpa’s nap time. Karen snapped this photo of us ‘working hard’.

3428B684-CCD8-4B4F-A316-F58781EE625A.jpeg

Had a good weekend. Blew out four maples and dropped 3 oak spars (left from last time I worked there) for a friend. Waiting on the locating company to mark the utilities and then grind stumps. This morning I loaded up and took my three heathens and he brought his son down to the Paul Bunyan Show. It was rainy and a lot of the vendors were packed up or working toward it as we wandered around. Kids still enjoyed seeing all the big equipment. Had a late lunch at a small mom and pops diner and then home. I spread another 15 ton of limestone and finished up around O’dark thirty. Got the kids to bed and drained the oil out of the generator. I’ll fill it tomorrow since I must’ve used the last of the SAE30 I had here. Almost time for bed. Probably should shower first though.

I had a crazy time at the timber show in Boonville NY, back in the day;)

No, thats the Fords.
I pulled the instrament panel and found the loose connection. Checked the circuit board for cracked solder or hot spots. Added dielectric grease to the connector pins. Ohm metered the lamps inside JIC. But they were all functioning. Needed the check engine light to come on at start to get the emmisions done. Supposed to come on with key on and go out once started. If it does not come on, the tech fails the vehicle insinuating thats its been tampered with.

I use a plugin module and interface with it using my phone + bluetooth. It does more than I use it for, which is mainly viewing and clearing fault codes.

No work so far today...enjoying the day off. Bosses are diddling around about whether to close yet or not (like every year :dontknow: )

Had a guy not show up this morning so it’s me and one guy out deadwooding two mature trees. Really sucks because we should be tag teaming them but someone has to be on the ground to run ropes. I’m bored on the ground picking up sticks for the first one.
Also my HAAS has wandered off. Kind of irritating. This is the third one. I’ll hit the local arb store later and get another. I do a checklist as I’m putting gear away everyday. Can’t for the life of me remember even using it last week but remember it being in its proper spot in the toolbox.

Back