How'd it go today?

Cory,
Do you know from where that quote you posted is taken?

Dang it, no. I cut it out and taped it on my shop wall a few years ago cuz it was too cool to forget about, but I wish I could attribute it.

Stig, very cool about the bow.

Dave, do you hunt or more just shoot?

I downgraded my printer today. The newest one is acting up and isn't very old. It didn't want to feed paper and would act like the feed motor was locked drawing away all the operating power, mostly it just wouldn't pull paper. It finally started feeding with help, but a lot of the print head doesn't seem to be putting out ink. The cartridges don't have built in ink jets, they look like a marker that had the tip cut off. The clean print head feature barely helped.

I tried a much older printer from like 2004, I don't know why we stopped using it. The cartridges it takes has the built in ink jets, so if they get plugged, just put in a new cartridge. Simple fix. I power it on, plug it into the Win7 computer, it makes the usual racket like it is about to transform into a Decepticon. Win7 downloads software automatically, and good to go. The old cartridges didn't print a drop as expected, but a NIP 2009 cartridge which "expired" in 2012 worked great.

The new printers they have now are almost solely dependent on internet with special cartridges that won't work unless connected to internet, and basically HP can access your printer and tell it to break when they want you to buy a new one.

Must be nostalgia. Two of the old computer sounds I hate the most are floppies grinding away, and dot matrix printers :^D

Tried my first hit of nasal snuff today, ordered 3 different kinds to help me out at work since they’re smoke free now, and get pretty edgy trying 12 and 16 hour shifts.
I think this minty German stuff called Alpina is my favorite so far for sensation and taste. White Elephant from India is probably the most stimulating I got... extremely stimulating which might be very handy on swing shift. Kinda painful for about 1 second too.
From what I’ve gathered so far, aside from being addictive, this stuff has almost none of the health concerns that come with smoking or chewing.
Interesting anyways, and very uncommon in the US.

Not the same hit, but ive been on nicotine gum/lozenges for a long while. Beats smoking and reduced health effects. Pretty sure nasal snuff has similar cancer risks to dip, been a while since ive looked into things. I did some snuff in my late teens, remember it burning like a mf-er

C'mon 09, you won't be near as handsome if ya get your jaw removed:\:

C'mon 09, you won't be near as handsome if ya get your jaw removed:\:

Yup, I'm gonna quit someday, but I did go from a 2 pack a day plus habit to this, so this is better. And honestly, I've looked into it quite a bit, and dipping, statistically speaking, doesn't effect lifespan. The American cancer society even removed it from its list. Considering the work i do where I'm around chemicals, weld/ grinding smoke, asbestos, human waste, e.t.c, chewing is kinda the least of my concerns atm. I do appreciate the concern tho, and will start tapering off to get ready to quit.

Had to call the cops yesterday.
We had to try to make something treelike out of a Prunus padus that somebody else had done a total hack job on a few years ago.

Since it was in a parking lot, we had set up the no parking because of treework signs the day before.
When we arrived, some idiot had parked right in front of one of the sign, where we had to place the lift.

So I called the cops and they tried to contact the owner.
Meanwhile we found out that the hand brake didn't hold too well, so 3 guys could push it.

So when the cops called back and said, they had no luck with contacting the owner, I told the officer that we had been able to push the car, and it was now parked even more illegally right in the middle of a cross road.
That totally cracked her up and I got a "Way to go!" from her.

So some idiot has a message on her phone from the police and can look forward to a major fine.

Sometimes life is good!

Haha.
We once had a big crane job in the planning. All residents were consulted and lots of site surveys etc by network rail and the crane company. One guy was being a pain in the butt.
Sure enough his car was parked in the exact spot the mobile tower crane needed to be.
The boss sent back to the yard that we needed the go-jacks and told us to remove the car.
We jacked it up in all 4 corners and about 6 of us pushed it out of the way. Not only did we get it out of the way, we had a bit of time so we pushed it into a different car park a couple of streets away.

The smug look on the guys face soon turned to dismay when he realised his plan to stop the works had failed. It then turned to panic when we denied all Knowledge of the car being there at all. We just said there was nothing here when we arrived mate, dont know what you are talking about!

Last edited:
Found a couple of pictures of the crane in question. It was the largest MobileTower crane in the UK. 60m and very expensive. We had to take out 17 Lombardi Poplars bordering the railway line. Can’t remember the exact costs but the job came at the 100’s of thousands.
For example. The ground was tested and couldn’t handle the weight of the crane. Special mats had to be fabricated for the tower crane they came in at 12k gbp each x 4. So that was 48k before the hire or crane, banks man, grab lorries and staff. We were there 3 days... 2642F8B4-C35D-47AC-83B9-041B9AC02FC1.jpeg F87E965B-48DF-4C09-890F-65C58EECFAA1.jpeg AFFFEA02-5B70-461F-89AF-044A94AFB6AB.jpeg

Finished a black oak prune i had to delay so i could see my dad in the hospital Sat.. Took Friday off when i was supposed to do it because i had Katy in ER most the night with chest pains. Then today, more chest pains for Katy. They ruled out her heart supposably at our local hospital. most the good heart drs are in Fresno. so now we are in fresno.
Now I wait.
Yeah, thats in the shade today.
20200712_154305.jpg

Back