How'd it go today?

I'm not big into fishing, but any day by the water is good, and a day with the kids is great :^)

My life would be significantly worse without a smartphone. I use it a lot at work. Either viewing blueprints(can even scale on them with a little fiddling), to grabbing files from the office. Then there's the routine stuff of having 90% of the world's knowledge in your pocket when you're having a problem that needs to be fixed. There's a lot to dislike about the way the system's setup, but it definitely makes my life better.

Folks just need some self control. Use your tools, don't let them use you.

I keep a small iPhone SE in my top shirt pocket.

No land line phone now for a few years. Smart phone, but not many apps I prefer pc for most things.

Laptop, tablet and portable wifi modem. Just because I'm a hermit doesn't mean I have to miss out on what's going on.

+1

Caught me a 14 inch bass yesterday.. Little bugger did not fight for nothing. Had better fights by little blue gill. He headed for bottom and towrd the boat. About though the little boat was just drifting and I was in the weeds. I pulled him in the boat and called him a lazy bastard as I released him. That is a nice catch there Jonny. Your boy must have had fun with it.

SO yesterday, on my way to the lake., I had some clients to see. I got pictures of that Manzanita with the new cabling. She is going to have us clean out those rocks a bit more. and open up a Fremontia (California Flannel bush, Fremontodendron californicum) in there. Pretty yellow flowers and all that. It has gotten bigger ( the manzanita) over the years. Two ton system, with enough room in the slings for at least 8-10 years more. Easy money. IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0596.JPG

Well, Levi was supposed to help me take down a dead oak we had out back leaning over a fence. I started setting up. I went in the house and said "hey, you ready to get that tree down?".
"No, i need to do my school work. Im behind from Friday", he says.
So out back i went and self lowered the SOB in less than an hour. Seems the wife had plans to go take the kids to the creek. Oh well, go get a quiet lunch at the burger joint, make a bank deposit and catch the laundry up.

I did nothing all weekend.

Yeah man, that's a problem. I've been short one guy for almost 2 weeks. Been working like a dog therefore. Work and production went surprisingly well. The downside is I wasn't motivated to do a damn thing all weekend. Sucks. I figured my energy might come back today on Memorial Day. Yeah nah. It bothers me but maybe its just normal, is what it is. Sometimes energy and productivity is sky high and other times its virtually zero.

Anyone else like this?:/:

For me, it's the time of year. I hate warm weather, I hate sun, and I hate long days. Bugs, bees, and burns. My mood and motivation go south when spring comes, and doesn't really improve til first frost. I'm much more likely to get things done in the winter. Sometimes doing nothing's good too though, especially when you've been going hard at the money work.

yeah its probably more or less normal, but its still annoying AF.

Wow, I like the cold but definitely love when the warm rays of Spring start hitting, very little of which has happened thus far this year.

You should move to Conradville, MT, where there are but 2 seasons...and they both cold.;)

No trees though! I really like the idea of Maine, but I'll more than likely die here. Too old to change now.

Maine is definitely the shit, IME. Have you visited?

How old is you?

@cory I'm right there with you, getting laid off gave me some energy back but going back to work and working overtime (not to mention the 6 am start, effin monsters!) has got me dragging again. I got some stuff done this weekend but no where near what i had hoped/ needed to accomplish

Farthest north I've been on the east coast is Massachusetts. I'm 51. Not super old I guess, but I know where everything here is, and I'm kind of resistant to change in general. Maybe if the house burned down or something... My goal is to finish surveying when the boss retires(he's 63 I think), then ??? Maybe I'll just retire too. If I could craft my perfect job, it would be helping out an old timer winding down his career in treework. Drag brush, whatever. Get a little more skill under my belt, and we could maybe split up to take care of a couple jobs at one time. Sometimes there's work, sometimes there isn't... Just a low key way to pass time, have some fun, and keep in shape.

Yeah, 09, dragging is the exact word we talking here. When I'm dragging and feeling like I'm missing out on non-work stuff I should be doing, it weirds me out.

Thanks for your perspective here. Why do they start at 6 am?

I did home stuff today as well. Had to start up the Rabbit barn mist system as well. Just finished moving the logs from that tree after I got back from town. Made a hedge around a freshly planted tree I gave Katy for mothers day the goats found a fondness for. A golden chain (.Laburnum anagyroides?) . Why she planted it out back is beyond me. You just know the critters will have their way with it. Took the larger log from the trunk and blocked a place in the fence bottom the pig was exploiting. Oh well.

I have been trying to schedule one day a month for stuff around the house. And one day a month to do some work for a friend of mine. I ain't getting any younger and I really want to get this tree work down to about 4 day weeks. But hard to say no to the money when its rolling. Especially after fighting weather all winter. One day a month will get some little projects done. Still have some big ones slated soon as I get some things in place for them to happen. Planning stages. Still need to install the new AC before it gets hot :|:

Yeah man, that's a problem. I've been short one guy for almost 2 weeks. Been working like a dog therefore. Work and production went surprisingly well. The downside is I wasn't motivated to do a damn thing all weekend. Sucks. I figured my energy might come back today on Memorial Day. Yeah nah. It bothers me but maybe its just normal, is what it is. Sometimes energy and productivity is sky high and other times its virtually zero.

Anyone else like this?:/:

You eating sugar again Cory?

Back