How'd it go today?

As a river rat, i can agree they are a ton of fun. Just don't get in over your head, literally, doing rivers that are way up. I'm more of a canoe guy, and the rivers i used to run killed people every year because they would try to go when it was a torrent. Lots of fun tho, and i used to run trotlines for catfish so much we would have a cookout about every weekend. Depending on how many guys we had with us, i would run up to about 300 hooks a night in late summer.

Lol it was! I can't wait til my kids are old enough. I didn't know this at the time, but we used to catch longnose gar all the time. We would just toss em back, but apparently you go at them with a pair of tin snips, in the eye and cut down the spine, then fillet them out. Breaded and deep fried they taste just like gator, which i absolutely love. Never knew, had a hillbilly at work that told me about that one. Did a bit of bowfishing, that's also fun, one guy i know guides on the river just for shooting Asian carp with a bow. This isn't him, but this is literally 10 min from my house

Easy day. One small uprooted cedar and a few river birch prunes. No big deal. The home owners were happy and done by 10 am. Or so we thought. “ well since you’re here”. How much for 8 hours? $xxxx. “Ok, get as much done as you can till your 8 hours is filled”. Worked at a leisurely pace and pretty much pruned all the ornamental trees plus a decent sized maple. They were happy and gave a $100 tip. It’s nice to work for people that appreciate quality work.

Just did three days, three men. One job. Big oak storm collapse. 3 leaders 36-40dbh. Multi leaders off that. 65 tall, probably 70 plus spread.
7 cord of wood harvested, between 21-24 yard of chip. 7 yard of rakings. The bigger wood, 12-16 thick (not part of the 7 cord) each weighed about 800 lbs. And probably about 4-5 ton worth. Best guess.
Stumps stayed, thing grew up through some granite and was full of the stuff since even the trunk wood started out as codomanates and grafted together.
Tons of fun.

Last edited:
Golf Course opened today. Spent 5 hrs zipping around to get things ready :|: ...parking lot was as packed a I've seen it this afternoon, even with no carts allowed.

Worked a couple hours this morning loading limbs on a trailer.

Went back & put in a couple more hours this afternoon, fixing a tire and getting some balls I collected from the woods cleaned & sorted.

And I said, "Picking up golf balls." And they all moved away from me on the bench
There, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
Said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,
And we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
Father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
Bench.

And I said, "Picking up golf balls." And they all moved away from me on the bench
There, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
Said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,
And we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
Father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
Bench.
My geometry teacher was an extra in that scene. He got $10 and all the fried chicken he could eat. I'm less than ten minutes from Trinity Church, which Arlo still owns.

Back