How'd it go today?

i doubt it really that much competition. They dont sound to big anyway. Some around have like 200-300

If the habitat allowed...they would have more hives. The land has a carrying capacity for bees, like everything else. It is improving though.

I am sure they would not miss a couple hobby hives....but would like to talk with them anyway.

We have a green house, a fruit orchard and some other plans that would benefit from a couple hives.

Always amazes me that the wild bees find my crab apple tree in the first part of may. Generally in the nick of time. Tough bastards.

No real knapweed yet Dave. Canada Thistle is the current noxious weed of concern.

Some knapweed and spurge around the county though.

I was trying to think of late summer flowers. For all its bad points, Knapweed makes good honey.

I honestly don't know much about bee keeping but it seems the commercial guys move their hives when the flower faze can no longer support them. So as a non transient hobby keeper, you would need to know that a food sorce would be available for a long enough time throughout the season.

I wonder if you are so wigged out about MB's death because you have some crazy notions about life and death.

If you had to off that creature cuz it was f'g up your critters or crops or was a threat to your family, so be it. But to pose with your beautiful family in front of a creature which has all the intelligence, spirit and sentience of your beloved family dog, if not more, well I don't get it. If that lame ass concept known as FB has proved anything, thru the millions of animal vids posted there , it is that most animals have a consciousness equivalent to humans.

You're trying to turn paradise into Long Island NY. It used to be paradise there, too.

You're a beloved figure here. But I don't get this picture.

nhlto.jpg

Just playin with you... Not a lot of coyotes down here in the Redwood forest, but after living in northern New Mexico for quite awhile I learned just how savage coyotes can be.....better safe than sorry, especially with younguns and critters around.....

I splained possible reasons why you might shoot a coyote near you, I'm still trying to figure why you would pose with it. Maybe you don't know why, it's just what folks do

Poor critter. ran into the well funded trump boys.

Im not a fan of trophy hunting though there is the argument that it possibly or sometimes contributes money to the local economy thus bolstering the cause of saving the creatures as a whole by sacrificing individuals.

I was more puzzled by the fact that you were outside, in the snow, in your damn boxers.
No pics of my coyote kill. I wasn’t respectful to it though. I slung it’s stinking body over my shoulder and carried it back to the wood line. Stood there and taunted the rest to come after my dogs. Bastard was bold enough to come within 20’ of my back door and go after one of my dogs. I don’t have much but I do defend it.

You ever seen a group of coyotes methodically, collectively and surgically bait a dog into chasing one of them into the brush or woods... Simultaneously brutal, scary and amazing to watch...

We take a picture and celebrate the kill because we respect the animals.

If you are gonna kill you had better own it.

Well that is the perfect answer imo, I didn't realize from looking that was the case. Sorry if I was outta line

I've for sure seen a coyote only once in my life. Of all places, it was a gore section of highway just outside the city. I didn't see it long. He skedaddled quick.

Back