How'd it go today?

Rainy day; nice long nap; also spoke to a friend who has bad back and looks like they won't allow his surgery due to the risk of coronavirus at the hospital.
Just got off with another friend downstate whose daughter-in-law (late 20s, with a 1 year old daughter) has coronavirus 'fever and no sense of taste or smell'.

Found out that the highway had flooded from the torrential downpour and a car stalled going through it. Wasn’t to long of a wait but still annoying. I was able to get everything dropped before the hard rains came around again and at the tire shop by noon. I asked the boss about using the company account And he said no problem. Been home for a while now and thinking about my garden getting planted soon

It's a well known fact that no matter where you put a water bottle, a spark will find it. The same goes for any important blueprints too!
Ha!

Jim, do you use binoculars much in that great wide open?

I think I’ve rapidly fallen in love with a girl after less than 2 months. Known her from work for about 7 years though and have crushed on her the whole time, just assumed she was out of my league. Turns out she was in the same mindset. Just too shy and scared of rejection to make a move before, and never felt like the right time. Seems to be moving along fast, but I am already sure she’s something special and it feels like we’re made for each other. Fit so well together we could almost hear us click.

I could go on and write some paragraphs but I’ll spare y’all. Suffice to say, I’ve been around a bit and I’ve never felt such a powerful connection and attraction to anyone. Never had so much in common with another person. All these feelings are very foreign to me. All people are different to some degree, but I’ve always thought the quote “ opposites attract” was bullshit when talking about people. Feels too good to be true, but I really can’t imagine her or me actually screwing this up now. She’s the closest I’ve ever seen to perfection. My big rules are no cheating, and no abuse of any kind, be it physical or other. Those are deal breakers. Almost anything else I can forgive and probably sympathize with. I’ve made some bad decisions before. Not worried though, she’s pretty responsible and mature and has a 5 year old son she has sole custody of. She’s doing a lot better than I probably did when my son was 5. Very cute, sweet, well behaved kid. A kindness and respect for others not often seen in children at his age.

I got her now, so no sense in rushing anything else... aside from having children, marriage is the biggest decision one can make in life, and I like to think I’ve learned from my friends and brothers that have divorced. So not gonna hurry but for the first time in my life, I’m comfortable with the thought of spending the rest of my life with one person. We’ll give it a few more years just to make sure though ;)

The TreeHouse (and TB, but TH is where I’m most comfortable sharing personal stuff) is the closest thing I have to social media, and I really felt like sharing this with you guys and gals. Her name is Antoinette, and everyone calls her Toni.
I guess I wrote some paragraphs after all, oh well. :D

Feels bizarre to be so happy about anything these days.

SlightSlightGiantschnauzer-small.gif

SO I got some wrong mail as usual today and it looked important that my neighbor might like to receive it in timely fashion. Neighbor happens to be a client and often calls us for scrap wood for projects and kindling, etc.
He called a while back and was asking about some of the tin roof lying about from our little miners shack down on the corner of the property. Seems his grandson (3) is fascinated by the building and him and his wife thought about using a couple pieces for building his playhouse. Ya know, Adding to the charm of the idea. SO while delivering his tax statement, I was told the play house was all done. Kiddo was in heaven (not there current). SO I donned my N95 and gloves and got some pictures. Came out nice I thought.
We refuse most everyone that asks to buy or take some tin from the place. We have plans too. And people get the idea its a free reign once allowed. But these customers/neighbors are quite nice folk and we just gave them a few.
I added an older picture of our little shack that I got off the web. It's on the photo tour for our area. MinersShack.jpeg
I IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

Last edited:
Oh stop ya noise!!! That shack is awesome!!!

And Jonny, congratulations to you, sound like you've found a soulmate, cherish each other!

Changed the oil in both vehicles and checked my brakes. Looking good. Found the squeak I’ve been hearing. Damn factory universal joint with no grease fitting. Gonna do them all plus the carrier while I’m at it next week end. Also found out I need to do the ball joints on the wife’s vehicle before it goes in for tires. I also got the garden tilled up and got approval on the garden expansion. I had to allow sweet corn to be entered but less grass to mow is a win for me. Checked on some elderly neighbors from a distance and enjoyed a great dinner. Gonna relax for a bit before showering and bed. Had a great day

Me too. While the back tire was up in the air I had my oldest “bounce” the tire so I could find the ever so slight movement.

Back