How'd it go today?

Love thy neighbor...

I'm wrapping up a week with a tooth jaw face nerve zinging combo... went to dentist they found nothing.. kaiser prescribed me anticonvulsants and a neurologist referral and I'm home eatng ibuprofen tequila and weed weighing my options... last weekend I stopped drinking coffee figured I was stressed out enough for three people... friggin' small business ownership is something else... It's all Karma. I should've smiled more as a kid and kissed my elders more.

Grateful for every second of this little experience called life...

Could it be caffeine withdraw?

Never owned a business, and have no desire to. I've worked for a small company most of my career, and have seen what small business ownership's like. Not for me.

No... I was singing with pain last sunday the 16th... only last weekend went with out caffeine.

The cool water made my jaw calm down...
I think it's a little mental too.

PMA. Positive Mental Attitude.

I will say it though it won‘t be popular.

Heavy cannabis consumption can and often will increase anxiety and create difficulties coping on a daily basis.

The physical pain you feel I have no opinion on.

Deva,
My wife deals with intermittent trigeminal neuralgia. It’s a real pain and nothing seems to help.

I helped a friend out yesterday. He is facing extensive reconstructive surgery to his lower back. He’s still working but pretty limited. We built 10 ft deep racks in a small outbuding and moved in the dried hardwoods from one of the bays of his garage (so he can get his tractor back under cover); emptied the wood from his cousin’s 16’ enclosed trailer, so he can return it, and started rearranging his 48’ x 60’ wood shop. Wednesday I’ll help process enough walnut stock to make the rails and stiles for 33 ft of wall cabinet face frames. We previously processed the plywood for the cases. while he’s laid up after surgery I’ll keep his cabinetmaking jobs moving forward. Also have four trees to drop behind the shop to make room for the addition of a paint room and more stock storage.

Retirement has been fun. Just spent a long weekend in LA with daughter and future son-in-law helping prep for their wedding in April. Got to meetup with the TreeCareLA gang and rec climb a great valley oak with 100 ft spread in Cheseboro, CA.

Now back to working on my shop. Slow but steady progress. Bought 27 old four bulb T5 fluorescent fixtures (commercial machine shop that switched to new LED ones). It was nearly 60*F over the weekend so I scrubbed and power washed the oil and scum off of them. Next I’ll remove the ballasts and rewire them for direct to AC LED bulbs. Lots of light for little electricity.

Met a young fellow at the local arborists supply wanting to learn to climb. Set up to rec climb and help him with the basics.
6BFFB93C-DB67-40A1-9921-38C5029F6F0C.jpeg

Attachments

• 45F73D78-07F6-476B-99A0-BD9BA24CE790.jpeg
    45F73D78-07F6-476B-99A0-BD9BA24CE790.jpeg
    859.7 KB · Views: 10
  • B9CC10D3-2E06-4E3E-BE14-F2B9E09D3676.jpeg
    B9CC10D3-2E06-4E3E-BE14-F2B9E09D3676.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 708CD4CC-6452-465D-A195-55EA0DB0E1F6.jpeg
    708CD4CC-6452-465D-A195-55EA0DB0E1F6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • 804CB3CE-C9B1-45C1-9BC3-B02FFAA82978.jpeg
    804CB3CE-C9B1-45C1-9BC3-B02FFAA82978.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 7
Doesn't it seem they always go to worst case scenario forecast? They called for 10 inches for us last forecast. I said that means we will probably get 4. Yup.
I should be a forecaster.
Right! They were calling for 12" and well now it's nothing not even rain wind, yes, but no snow.

Thanks guys... I'm waiting it out before I make any decisions on what it might be... and honestly cross my fingers the pain is lessening every day.

Mick, The weed does increase the blood pressure for a sec for sure... but that's what the tequila is for.

This morning I'm off the coffee again... gonna help the fellas stump grind... one is on Valencia...hippest mileneial villa shabby chic of the Mission.. should be fun people watching.

Pat, Retirement looks exhausting... I'm thinking some kind of ocean view with umbrella drinks.
How did they diagnose the TN for your wife?

Last edited:
Exactly. Great question.... I will say less than ideal as an old supe used to say.

Hydration is so important and easily overlooked.
I've replaced coffee with water now in the am.

I have some nice tree work, flop and leave, take what I want (some nice millable logs) but with the ground is like quick sand. Motor shop is dead. The whole country has been blockaded by nutjobs for over 2 weeks. Some shortages are happening. Things are fooked up here.
Going to the kiln and try to get some dry slabs out, thanks to the Tree house, I have that to fall back on.

I have some nice tree work, flop and leave, take what I want (some nice millable logs) but with the ground is like quick sand. Motor shop is dead. The whole country has been blockaded by nutjobs for over 2 weeks. Some shortages are happening. Things are fooked up here.
Going to the kiln and try to get some dry slabs out, thanks to the Tree house, I have that to fall back on.
What do you mean, the whole country has been blockaded by nut jobs for 2 weeks?

Pigwot, didn't know you retired. At what age if I may ask. How long were you in the tree business?

Heating fuels, food stuffs, and other products are not available, the prime minister and some premiers who supported the protestors have now called the police to dismantle the blockades. Things are nuts.

Edit: in my city drug addicts and homeless is ever increasing, as well as crime, there has been a number of shootings and fires on my street alone. This is the view from my back yard. Hotel was on fire for the forth time.

Attachments

• 20200225_154858.jpg
    20200225_154858.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The coffee was zinging my nerve... I'm sure I'll work it back into the lineup.

Mick Do you give anything up for Lent?

Maybe I'll run with this and try it with Cafe.

It's raining today...nice mug of STRONG coffee, a book and the radio on the classical channel...ahhh...and a diversion to see what's happening in the 'house

That's what I did today! Well, minus the book. I read stupid stuff on the internet. Does that count? :^D

“Protestors blocking rail, hiways and border crossings. Anti-oil protestors.”

Utopia don’t seem like it is but it do..

Thanks guys... I'm waiting it out before I make any decisions on what it might be... and honestly cross my fingers the pain is lessening every day.

Mick, The weed does increase the blood pressure for a sec for sure... but that's what the tequila is for.

This morning I'm off the coffee again... gonna help the fellas stump grind... one is on Valencia...hippest mileneial villa shabby chic of the Mission.. should be fun people watching.

Pat, Retirement looks exhausting... I'm thinking some kind of ocean view with umbrella drinks.
How did they diagnose the TN for your wife?

Misdiagnosed a couple times; did a root canal and through elimination of other causes came up with TN.

Back