How'd it go today?

Spent a few hours working on the big truck yesterday and today. Finally replaced the trailer hitch so I can tow my dump trailer without picking the front wheels off the ground. The original hitch was the military style 30K lb deal with no way to lower it. I had my welder fab up a bolt in replacement receiver hitch so I can swap inserts to adjust my height.

Also had him fab up a cap for the end of the boom to protect the hoses and the giant sprocket. The original cap was designed for electrical insulation, not bashing into trees. 3 months and it was already beat to hell. This one should hold up for a while.

I also spent some time on the hoses, shortening the loops hanging in front of the material handler and tracking down a leak. I removed the hydraulic tool circuit to get it out of my way (we had just mentioned that yesterday).

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 32
Nice, and under the cover of a carport. Seems very useful, between intense sun and rain.

Carports are popular hear. Strange to me, but I grew up in Chicago.

I'm looking to do something similar to your carport, or truckport, as it were.

I was so excited that I forgot pictures.

Makes no sense....I take a picture of nearly every trivial thing that happens.....but not today.

Fellow has a winch on his truck and is going to haul it home.

We loaded the buzz saw into a friends pickup. He will bring my hay rake back to me and bring the saw too. \

There was a kid there that wanted the saw to make knife blades out of. I did not trust leaving the saw there. Scoundrels abound.

I believe I've worked the last day at the course this season unless something comes up where the Boss needs a hand, or it warms up enough to have to mow once more.

Removed a couple more dead birch and picked up all the wood & brush I had down from this week & dropped it at the brush pile. Nice leisurely Fall afternoon.

Learned about power steering pulley pullers, and got one as rental-tools, from O'Reilly's.

Happy I got the milled lumber restacked and covered. Our wet weather is here.

I went to a local live rendition of the rocky horror show tonight. Enlightening to say the least. My father in law got spanked onstage by a man in leathers as it was his birthday. :lol:

Had my monthly night markets last night sales were okay did about $217 in sales was hoping for more as the weather has been perfect for the last week. Got 2 more markets that will see me out until the end of the year and then I will think about if I want to continue the markets of not and maybe increase what I sell through a friends shop. Found 2 investment properties that I like ones outside my budget but has been listed for a while so expecting that the price may be reduced soon another is within my budget and has been recently renovated, only a few cosmetic things need doing on it few more plants here and there. I found a few nice places on acreage but my main issue is trying to rent them out or the distance to my work is longer than what I travel at the moment.

I think I see light at end of tunnel.......last two exams Monday and Tuesday......if I test out of final on Monday, otherwise its three.

must maintain......

Good luck on the exams No Bivy.
Good luck with el wifo Jim. My wife had a surprise party for my birthday this year. Boy was I surprised. She was falling down everywhere and sick as hell the next day. Needless to say there was no happy birthday present for me:X

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/V2raf1W29WjSw" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/90s-pantera-V2raf1W29WjSw">via GIPHY</a></p>

tested out of medsurge final yesterday........one more to go in 5 hrs!

Attachments

• tumblr_lww7eoOrma1ql0r06o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lww7eoOrma1ql0r06o1_500.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 50
Back