How'd it go today?

Til the cows come home. I’m sick of the snow Jim! I had time yesterday afternoon so I put my new kayak in the creek and paddled up and down for awhile. I would have just paddled around in the pond but it’s still froze over.

F0015172-F0A2-46CD-98C7-29AABC9F3E27.jpg

Just got a bill from my saw shop.
Apparently our young guy went buy to buy a new chain tightener for his MS661.

They installed it in for him while he was there, and billed us 1/4 hour for it.

A quarter hour:)

I've been using that saw shop for 25 years.
Got to talk with the owner about it last fall and realized that I knew exactly what week and year I'd bought my first saw there.

So I had my local baker shop make a nice layered cake with the inscription on top: " Thanks for 25 years of great service".

I've been told they put that on their facebook page.

Doing what I do for a living, a good, dependable saw shop is perhaps the most important thing.

Im confused, stig. Are you happy they charged you a 1/4 hour? After 25 years they cant find that $15 elsewhere?

"Big storm" here today. Cant ever write off march in regards to snow. Metal work for me.

I'm a-guessing it takes more than a 1/4 hour to install the piece...if that is the case he got a good customer/preferential deal.

If not...I am con-fused, too.

When have you ever had a mechanics or other bill where where they billed your for a quarter of an hour?

Minimum here is an hour.

Should have made that more clear, I guess.

When have you ever had a mechanics or other bill where where they billed your for a quarter of an hour?

Minimum here is an hour.

Should have made that more clear, I guess.

I work on my own stuff but I understand minimums. I couldn?t tell if you were happy or upset. Irrelevant either way. I bet they enjoyed the cake.

Wow those cows must be awful happy about those D8 trails you made.

What kinda tracks in that third pic, above?

Jim, those videos were great.
Especially the last one with all the cows coming home and being polite about it.

Back