How'd it go today?

Today royally sucked. Got put in the shop to sort out someone else's nightmare and Damn pneumatic jack blew and almost removed my left thumb. 14 stitches. Luckily didn't break any bones

Sorry about that. Thumb no less. . . Keep it clean.

Spent four hours working a Tilia/Basswood and a Nice big old Hard Maple. Basswood are just terrible trees later in life. . . I'm going to write it up for removal with the bill.

Day job we're boring in 7200 electrical all over the place. Boring firm has been working out in the October rain for the last two days. Pretty cool process.

Boring is pretty cool Sam, they've come a long way with that gear. I remember when we got our first one many years ago. There was no way to aim it except get it perfectly level, point it toward your target and hope for the best. You kept track of it by the impact noise it was making. We hit a root with it one day and it went straight down for about twelve feet before we figured out what was happening. We had to borrow an extendahoe to dig the head back up.

That's crazy Ray! These cats are pulling conduit all over the place. It's going really well. I was worried about some of the existing getting mucked up, but locate seems to be doing a good job. They're working our service and employee housing area now, and then they're going to start some half mile runs down the shoreline. I just paid for our soil erosion exemption permit yesterday so they could go under the river in three spots.

Expect them to be at it until early December. Brrrr!!! hahaha

Cheers

Reminds me of the moon when its like that.

I have been out feeding before and had the horizon disappear.

The sky and the snow covered ground became exactly the same color. I could have driven off a cliff and would not have known it.

It was not foggy or snowy, its just that all the contrast was gone, everywhere.

Jim, are there any wolves prowling around it that vast expanse or is that unlikely. Hella pics of the land and view.

Nice Jim! Yesterday with my mom passing just before 2am in Brantford, went back to Waterford to the GF's place to tell the little girl the bad news in the morning, had 3 stumps to grind in Simcoe and a row of cedars to drop on the way back to Brantford on a hobby farm. Only got the job half way when my Dad called me to come for funeral arrangments. Custys understood.

IMG_20161012_104044.jpg

Wow Raj, sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like a rough day, with more to come. A good time for understanding customers. Sending positive thoughts your way. . .

Jim, are there any wolves prowling around it that vast expanse or is that unlikely. Hella pics of the land and view.

There have been wolves at times Cory.

We think that they travel between Yellowstone and the Cyprus Hills in Canada. I think that's where the occasional moose comes from too.

I have yet to see one, but my dad has seen wolves and so did Grandpa. Grandpa used to get a shot off at a mountain lion too once in a while.

Mostly taking down trees and keeping our fingers. Oaks are dying out pretty bad at lower elevations. Had to rig some off horse fencing. Don't break the wooden rail game. HO got to watch us swing a couple off to the side and lower 20 plus feet at a time.
Got to show my apprentice my favorite Japanese maple I prune. Here she is in her fall flock.

Attachments

• tmp_2807-FullSizeR-1531802228.jpg
    tmp_2807-FullSizeR-1531802228.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 41
Back