How'd it go today?

Very cool story, loved iti

I had one encounter with a creature that gave off the very same unconcerned, totally unafraid vibe as the wolves did- snorkeling in the caribbean ages ago, encountered a barracuda. The vibe was palpable through the 20' of water that separated us.

Yes Cory ungulates, rodents, I'm guessing they lived on that sort of thing.
As for the status of the terrain we were working for Israelis "making the desert bloom" it's not sand dunes type btw.
We had access to water so tomatoes, melons, dates, etc.

Here's a google earth picture from the nearby road. Plus one of an Arabian wolf, smaller than most other subspecies apparently.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 65
Spent most of yesterday stripping down a 200t to use as spares, since I smashed the crank case on my newly ported one. I was practically given the saw, but I have never seen one as dirty & as they had used cheap bio-oil, a absolute nightmare to clean.
I am glad I don't have to clean the pot up :O

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 64
Do 200t clog the fins much with petro oil? My 200t with canola was getting bad from lack of cleaning at one point, however now i know to just use a round file to reach in and clear it up periodically. My brake bands get too much behind them, too, using canola. I wonder if that is just an outboard clutch issue in general. Canola might exacerbate the issue.

Thoughts?

I know we were just discussing this somewhere here. My CC # was stolen! Yesterday I got called by my card company $6500 in recent purchases that consisted of 3x $2000 with Microsoft and 1x500 with iTunes. Bastards!

No problems for me other than the pita of having no card for a few days until the new one arrives.

That's shitty luck. Luckily you got it cleared up ok Squish.

Looking at that dirty 200 cylinder that's just pure neglect. Imagine the overheating that would cause, definitely quick warmup though.
I only use canola in my saws I run the most for health reasons. Other saws that sit the most in my truck I always use petroleum bar oil in them.
When I put my saws away for the off season I fill them up and run petroleum through them. Cleans them up nice and prevents any build up.
Well maintained equipment is as only as good as the owner/operator.

That's why I keep a only a minimum amount on my card. When I want more I simply make an online bank transfer, easypeasy.

People that keep their saws relatively clean are a rarity in my location. The ones that do are generally mechanics. Others like to show their ignorance. Willard, I wonder if running some kerosene through your saws that you put away, might be a good treatment as well.

I just picked up a power pruner and 201 I had repaired at a new-to-me power equipment shop. Both units look like they were literally completely scrubbed clean to immaculate condition. I mean spotless. Never seen that before. Hope they run well now!

Had an interesting day today. Went out to the clearing like I have all week for the company that hired us. Got set up and started when the inspector flagged me down. He asked what I was doing. The company that hired us called him this morning and quit. I made a call and was told to keep going. An hour later the inspector stops me to say congratulations, you have the new contract. I knew that making a mess and getting to leave it was to good to be true.
Looks like we've got a clipper rolling thru tonight and it's gonna be single digit highs tomorrow. Yippie

I knew that making a mess and getting to leave it was to good to be true.

Omg that is kinda funny...that mess in your pic yesterday looked pretty epic, but hey, that's what they told you to do. And now you get to clean it, that is wack!!

Good story about the polar bears Mick. I had something similar happen with some wild horses once when I was clearing for the Snowy Scheme

A black stallion came out of the bush and checked us out, stood and looked for a bit. Then when the rest turned up he just turned them around and left, nice looking horses but not too popular because of the damage they do.

Not desert though, it was for this dam. The last one.

zimage.php

Bit of a rest day today, had a hard week. Broke my "no more palms" rule yesterday and did three for an old client. Alexander's, they're not so bad.

I am not too sure about this text message thing. I always worry getting my info across, or whether or not I am getting info.

I got a message that they were taking my Aunt off of life support tonight at 6'o clock. They took her off at 4 and she died at 5:30.

The message was sent at 2:30. A call would have been better I think.

At least, request an acknowledgement of receipt of said text. If you don't get that, you can follow up with a call.

Kinda disappointed that I did not go and see her. I asked my folks if my family and I should go up this afternoon and they said that we should wait. She was supposed to be making some improvements.

Only found out yesterday that she was sick, crazy. I would have went immediately had I gotten the bloody text.

We aren't a close knit tribe, but family is family. Aw well, tomorrow is another day!

Probably take the day off and holler at the kids. Going out for dinner in the big town over west to celebrate birthday's and such. Three of us in February.

Back