How'd it go today?

Way to get the job done.

Paul found some more engines, so the end of the Wraptor supply is not imminent anymore, for the time being.

Save all that energy of climbing for working. Go home with more energy, sooner.

Funny thing is after i traversed over my 12 ft flip line wouldnt reach all the way around even at 80 ft was a long 10 hr day...i had one of the groundies cut a 23 ft hank o rope and made a more suitable fliplpine while tree fun she was a fat ugly pig with 30 percent of canopy dead

Wow. epic stuff.

I just removed a few branches off of a Tallow wood that was overhanging the neighbours house that they were worried about. Any tips when it comes to limb walking as I am finding it a bit hard to walk out and keep my balance. I am not too sure if it was the angle of my rope that was causing the issues as before Christmas I was able to walk on radiate pine branches without too much problems. Cheers Patrick

Limb-walking needs a combination of good rope angle and confidence. Of the two, you will last much longer in this business if you always try for good rope angle. There is nothing wrong with making a limb-crawl if the angles so dictate. Taking an uncontrolled swing can be just as damaging as a fall.

Rope angle is key for ease in limb walking. Straight off a main central tie in gives you more height but can present its own problems. A redirect high and to one side or the other gives you the ability to lean on the rope a bit more

This is what I meant.

'Gout Americain was a type of champagne made for the American market back in the gold rush days. I seem to remember that Dawson creek at one time was the place in the world where the most champagne was drunk.
Since gold miners didn't want to celebrate by drinking " sour" wine, it was VERY sweet.

I don't know where you got the 1300 buck a glass stuff.

I was just showing off my near encyclopedic knowledge of wine;)

Aaaah, the old stuff.

Truth be told, I'd gladly drink a glass of 1907 heidseck, raised from the bottom of the Baltic sea ( Not 'Gout Americain, though) and raise a toast to the starving masses.

I fail to see how me enjoying a glass of rare champagne is going to affect the fact that there is ( Once again) a drought in Somalia.

I'm just saying that $1300 could go a long way to ease suffering in the world, close to home, or far away.

Unfortunately, birth control, a tool to reduce starvation, isn't well accepted in places with starvation, I think.

Look a little closer to home, Sean.
During the reign of G.W.Bush subsidies to those aid organizations ,that apart from passing out food and school supplies to the huddled masses, also handed out birth control, was cut drastically.

I have done my part to ease the suffering due to over population.
I haven't reproduced.
So I enjoy a bit of good champagne instead of burdening the world with my offspring.
Should about equal out, I think:D

Kinda makes me sad there are no Stiglings.....no really, you seem like quite a guy.

There are in fact a whole bunch.
I made some extra money when I lived in Israel in the late 70es by "working" as a sperm donor.

Probably why there is so much unrest down there now.

High tie in like they said when ur in position use flipline on the branch your on you can use your tie in to vrank branch up relieving weight off branch works good on redwood limb walks redwoods will pop branches quite easily with little weight applied this texhnique can help with balance by using ur legs and pushing against ur ropes

I just removed a few branches off of a Tallow wood that was overhanging the neighbours house that they were worried about. Any tips when it comes to limb walking as I am finding it a bit hard to walk out and keep my balance. I am not too sure if it was the angle of my rope that was causing the issues as before Christmas I was able to walk on radiate pine branches without too much problems. Cheers Patrick

You can pre-install a line through a crotch toward the working location, helping to pull yourself out, if unsteady, I would guess.

If you snap off a branch without two lines, you might be swinging back to a nasty punji-stick of a freshly broken branch stub. Be aware of the swing zone when working out of plumb to your TIP/ redirection point.

Redirects with a sling works wonders as well.

Popped my mechanics cherry on the 7.3 today... Water pump started leaking while we were at a wrestling tournament. Of course.. no one has one in stock any where near by. Should be here Tuesday.

Special tools for a clutch fan removal... Who knew :dontknow:

My little grappler....
See what else I can fish up...

Attachments

• tmp_30340-20160206_175059-958449743.jpg
    tmp_30340-20160206_175059-958449743.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 49
  • tmp_30340-20160206_175412-1045522344.jpg
    tmp_30340-20160206_175412-1045522344.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 50
  • tmp_30340-20160206_175551261251330.jpg
    tmp_30340-20160206_175551261251330.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 51
Seth lost this one. Guy was more seasoned and tough.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IOPEFkF1HT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back