How'd it go today?

Dave, you are stepping up beyond the call of duty!

Did it make you want to take the new truck for another long drive? ;)

'normal' - means you're feeling not particularly well but not awful, just not good.
'karked it' - died, stopped working
'shot through' - ran off with, as in 'my wife shot through with the plumber' ( I heard this one a couple days ago...)

Nice surprise today, I wrote a report on some trees for a chap who wants to develop a small building lot in the next town, they are all old Macrocarpas in shocking condition...anyway I gave it to him yesterday, charged him $250, he came back in an hour with $500 cash and said 'you don't charge enough' :).

30 trees down today...I am whooped. I think we are officially around 50 so far. Some are just taking more time and we chipped a bunch of the slash. See if we can just finish this road tomorrow.

A friend and I bid a job for $8k...got told by client another bid came in a $2500...I said 'break his arm'...can't wait to see how he's going to do it for that much...10" chipper notwithstanding.

It works the other way as well sometimes.

The local rip off merchant quoted $8000 on a termite riddled gum, I wasn't going near it. Hanging over the next door house, garden all around it and they'd lost branches up to 60', don't know how it was standing up.

The got it done for $2500. She couldn't watch but he had it down and cleaned up in about 4 hours. I ended up doing the stump, you wouldn't know he'd been there no damage to anything.

Picked up a new job climbing 2-3 days/week for the next few weeks...got along great with the guy on the phone...we seem to have the same goals in mind...enjoying doing trees, no stress, quality work, fair pay, etc.

He's been around for 28 years and is "semi-retired" like me. We both came away from the phone meetings with the feeling that we might get along very well together. He's setting up a couple days worth of easier jobs for next week to try me out running his crew.

Couple days to check things out....then a few weeks to end the season...if it goes well we may hook up again next spring.

Also bid & booked a cut and leave job that will pay nicely

Spent an hour or so talking Bass amps with a company in NJ. Pricey but good stuff...OH lordy something else to spend any "left over" money on.:lol:

Picked up a ball and insert to tow my camper with...

Starting rehearsals tomorrow night for a show with some youngsters. Neil Young, Croce, Johnny Cash, some originals...good variety...should be fun.

Busy day, but a good one!:)

Way to go Dave!!

Funniest day... dropped two Firpigs (on Workpicks thread) Did a small windfallen Red Maple after that...

unnamed-183.jpg unnamed-184.jpg

THEN!!... I got written-up by the big boss for busting a house-drop line (This happened 9 Months ago!)

THEN!!! I figured, "What an opportune time to ask him for a raise, why not...:?" He said yes! :lol:

Man, what a day.... Sometimes... I tell ya.

Butch, last unit was seymour duncan 600w at 2 ohms through 4 15" speakers. bottom cabinet was EV reverse horn (the fridge) and top cabinet was two front loaded JBLs in an EV cabinet.

Never heard a Hartke I could stand (tinny sounding bastids), I like the warm sound of the old ampeg tube piggybacks w/1x15, but not the smaller speakers.

This amp will be my first with speakers less than 15"...I've heard them and they are a new and different animal...they sound awesome even with a pickup, but they come with an XLR w/phantom power for my mic I like to use.

:lol: Jed, sounds like you picked the perfect time...:lol:

Three truckloads of rotten, brittle logs out today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1BD3WS8EwsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

Spent all day with the wife sorting through trucks to find the best suit, ended up going with a ford escape. 4x4 with a v6.good price and no rust even came with new tires. I'm glad that's over now we have the his and hers trucks so no kid stuff in my work truck and no work stuff in her kid truck lol.

Back