How'd it go today?

He couldn't get out into traffic, but I could quickly make a right, out of traffic, out of his view. I didn't run him, or out run him. I don't know the fella. I know who he is. He has been the cause of a lot of upheaval in that municipality. He is out of hand. The magistrate has told him more then once to cool out. Lots of companies in the various trades are refusing to enter that community with commercial trucks. He is brutal. Theres no crime in vanishing, provided his lights aren't on behind you. He would have hit me for a solid grand or two when he got done, and Im compliant. He's just harsh and reaches too far to find violations.

I wouldn't dare run a cop that was flagging me down. That's a felony.

I personally know of 2 people that had to unhook their snow plows last winter in that town. He pulled them over and weighed them. Their pickups weren't over weight, but their front axles were technically. He hit a local tree company several hundred bucks for a few empty Gatorade bottles on the passenger side front floor. Mind you the transmission hump divides the two sides. Technically, those bottles could travel up over the hump and down behind the brake peddle. So he gave them the fine, multiplied by how many bottles were on the floor. A few air fresheners hanging on the mirror? Yup, you get nailed for object obstructing your view, times how many air fresheners there are. Left the pintle hook on the back of your pickup? He nails you for it if there isn't a trailer attached. No reflective tape down the sides of your chipper? That too. That's just the crap ive heard that I have the energy to type.

That's why before he could get back behind me and give me a beating, I was like "Imma hafta dip out!"

Revenue. Local DOT officers get a big feather in their cap for the revenue they bring in. My main work hub has a DOT officer now. He was pretty forthright earlier on that its a money maker for the borough. He hasn't toyed with me yet.

Topping out a somewhat large spruce tomorrow. The owner noticed the root plate was lifting and she was leaning into an adjacent structure. He wants to save the tree by bringing it down to a point where failure wont matter, basically a big bush. It's funny, he's got an old wrecker hooked up to it now. . .

He wouldn't have let me go until we hit $1500 or better. Its a complete racket around here. The sad part is that I keep my trucks mechanically excellent. Cosmetically too. But I don't cut corners and costs when it comes to keeping trucks sound and solid.

I think we all know cops can find something wrong even with a truck being driven new out of a showroom.

Rain day today. made some calls, re-scheduled a few things, picked some banjo, read a bit...relaxing day. Into the pines tomorrow. :|:

Crazy winds indeed. Came down off the ridge and funneled through a couple yards. No root rot but very dry powdery soil. The tree seemed pretty healthy otherwise. We did get it to seat back down in there. There were a lot of people around and some new guys on the job so we coned off the pit behind the stump. Two cones were missing when the root ball came down. Didn't find them while grinding but it was a pretty big hole

I've always said those big wind-thrown uproots would be a great place to hide a body :/:

This is what I'm up to tomorrow. . .

DSC03855.JPG

Simple plan, but should be fun.

Deadwood and structure prune five willows today in paradise. Aluminum arb trolley and winch=great combo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 51
Back