How'd it go today?

Rock it, Chris...but not to the exclusion of getting home whole to that most beautiful woman and the two most entrancing little girls ever put on the planet...ya know? :).

A couple or three wraps of chain/binders or cargo straps let you feel the freedom to bomb/rig with a bit more confidence...that is, until you fully understand the situation, so to speak :D.

Still burning the stove ,unusual this late in the season .Hope is on the way because just today I saw the first of the male robins .When they arrive spring is usually within two weeks .They can forecast the weather better than the weather man .They never miss .

Not a robin but I smelt the first skunk of the season tonight.

B, if I do these these trees I will chain them at the split union, and most likely cinch heavy bull line across the top. I my opinion, chaining the lower end is good, but you still create pulling forces on that low area. Cinching the top of the tree together doesn't make me bullet proof, at all, but absorbs some of that energy before being transferred down to the naughty area. Ive been known in the past to tie off one bad side of a split tree with heavy bulline line, set a block on the opposing side of the tree and run that bull line across and through the block. The run from the block to a truck and snug up. Not tighten up recklessly, but just draw the line tight and take a little stretch out of the line. It tends to somewhat draw the 2 tops together (as much as I choose to draw them) and eliminates a lot of movement in the tree when rigging. Same effect as cabling a tree.

Of course, I chock the truck tires. On one of the trees I could bomb one side out whole into the yard but wont. I feel that just entirely too much activity to put on that tree at once. Plus, I like to rig split trees by lowering off of several redirects through both sides of the crown. Not just to spread the weight, but to keep all the weight off of one side of the split. The work side of the split is getting downward forces from the roping, but the opposing side of the canopy gets inward forces towards the center if rigged properly.

Im not justifying doing ugly work, but I am trying to make clear Im not haphazardly up there butt hitching big shots out of the tree with my head up my butt.

Got an easy crane removal job we bid yesterday, and he wants to add a few hundred in pruning as well, should be a good day. Should be a fun day next Saturday.

Also got our final T-Shirt design in, pretty hyped. This is the back of the shirt, the shirts will be a hi viz type orange, I'm thinking it'll all pop nicely!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363996897.447599.jpg

I like that a lot.

A suggestion, fwiw, remove the phone number, do you really need it on the shirts, its on your trucks/cards/web site/YP no doubt, don't clutter/cheapen the cool tee design with a phone number. If you don't want to have only the design on the tee, how bout your town and state, that way when you are in pics or at competitions, peeps know where you are from and you are representing.

Nice looking shirt, Adrian.

A guy climbing for me today threw a small branch and chipped a corner of the roof off this small Japanese Garden Stone Pagoda...

I'm waiting for the guy to call me back.......His wife says they are $$$entimental.
He even came out and flexed and strutted a bit saying how the PG&E guys broke his fence......and didn't admit to it.

I didn't know about it til they told me at the end of the day...

IMAG1394.jpg
YAR!

We have the number on ours Adrian (as you know, you have some) and I've gotten calls from people who wrote down the number and never even talked to whoever was wearing the shirt. I'll take it however it comes . But I do like the limbwalker style with no #

My wife happened upon a gorgeous young woman in an O'Hara Tree hoodie one time. She called me and asked is I could help explain the matter.....

She must have snagged it off a boyfriend, who must have worked for me. That's all I can figure.

Ruh roh! Ha, I've had guys that worked for us in the past do side work with our shirts on, and the people thought it was us. But it was for a Pentecostal preacher , so I know we didn't do it. The preacher kept saying over and over, o no, it was y'all. Haha . Dude got had. But he said the work quality was excellent .

I like the tee shirt design, but also agree with the number detracting from it, but thinking it must be a necessary evil, I didn't comment about that part. If the number is essential, it would look nicer if it was smaller, and maybe you can better match the script with the other lettering instead of it being so hard looking. As it is now, the number comes across as the priority, and it could be more subtle.

Ouch on the Japanese stone work.... Whenever possible we like to take them out of the area where work is being done. Old stone can get pretty brittle, and breaking antiquity doesn't please the Gods at all. Hope the fellow is understanding.

I ordered a Curt bolt on trailer hitch so I can carry the lift mechanism for my wifes motorized mobilty scooter on the car .It was late Wednesday night and the freakin pay pal thing didn't work so come early Thursday I finally got through .

That thing arrived yesterday,Friday .How in the world could they ship it that fast ?

From Canada ,no .The pony express would have been faster .I can get stuff to Australia in about 4 days .It takes 10 just to get to Ontario which is 200 miles away .

I like the people ,love the country ,tolerate the goose but the postal system sucks with a half life .

Well I got the hitch mounted but it wasn't a 45 minute job like they said ,more like an hour and 45 .Got-er-done though which is the main thing .

Back