How'd it go today?

3 of 7 today.... Going back tomorrow to finish it out.
HO pays for the drop and brush out. Her handy man pays for the bucking and then she pays him for the final clean up and burning... I love love it when a good plan comes together. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20130201_110502.jpg
    IMG_20130201_110502.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 44
  • PANO_20130201_154511.jpg
    PANO_20130201_154511.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20130201_110520.jpg
    IMG_20130201_110520.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20130201_132320.jpg
    IMG_20130201_132320.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20130201_141239.jpg
    IMG_20130201_141239.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 44
Sure looks like the bettles are keeping you busy, Stephen.

I managed to find a faller, who can work for us the next 3-4 weeks, to help us feed the mill.
That was great, we were getting a little stressed out, with the State forest and a private one both wanting us to log their trees at the same time.

He will.
I used to work with him, about 12 years ago.
Has a terrible temper, but can really get some wood on the ground.

I've had an interesting start to my morning. Girlfriend called about 9, apparently her worthless druggie, alcoholic brother came home drunk talking smack about her and she asked him to calm down because of the baby. This went on for a bit till he came at her in the kitchen and hit her a few times, nothing too bad but still, you don't hit a woman. Her parents are sticking up for him, and he says she pulled a knife on him, yadayada. I'm a half a mind to go over there and slam dip shits face in to see how he likes being hit. Her parents need to get it together and kick him out, he's 21 for gods sack, no job, bums everything off his parents, uses any money he has to buy alcohol, weed, pills, etc. the baby doesn't need to be around anyone like that.

Her moms threatening to kick her ass if she doesn't bring the baby back later. We'll see how it goes but I'm about to tell them all to go to hell, that its not her baby and its Tori's and they can very well go through me if they have a problem with it.

Have a party with a few friends, with perhaps a dangling off the edge of a roof, or a window.

...and perhaps don't write it in the open forum, and remove the above, if you are seriously tempted.

Never speak of crimes on the net. Only past crimes that have been prosecuted and laid to rest and the statute of limitations has passed on. Even then, Its not wise.

On a serious note, take a look at the entire situation and ask yourself if its a wise one to be part of. Only you can answer that.

I've pretty much stayed out of it. I was there with her when she went back home to collect some things, everyone kept their heads for the most part there, no fist fights. I was really just venting some steam that last post. The whole thing just pisses me off to no end. We're letting her stay with us for a few days till she gets things sorted out with her grand parents or someone. Honestly she's just really scared right now because she's never been out on her own before and its all overwhelming, especially with the baby.

As for a wise one to be a part of, eh, probably not for various reasons of mine, but I'll still help her through it best I can until she's on her feet.

Got the storm leaner down this morning, without a hitch. That is until I dropped the last 10' of spar. I had limbed it out and blocked it down til it was only a foot or so taller than the edge of the shed. Then I flopped the adjacent water oak past the end of the shed, fully expecting the root systems to right themselves enough to pull the stub back from the edge of the roof. It did, but barely. I put a line on it and had Benjamin (my "son-in-law-to-be-in-two-weeks") crank it over with the come-a-long, fully intending to slice the hinge once it cleared the edge of the shed, allowing it to drop between the water oak trunk and the shed post. It cleared, stalled a fraction of a second, then laid right over the water oak's trunk, throwing the butt prolly 4 in the air. All was well....then it began rolling toward me, and right off in the ditch it went, throwing a wave of water 20', barely missing Ben. Owner was fine with the trunk staying in the ditch...said he'd drag it out with his tractor in a few days. I got some footage with the helmet cam. I'll try to get something decent out of it.

As for a wise one to be a part of, eh, probably not for various reasons of mine, but I'll still help her through it best I can until she's on her feet.

Since you've mentioned that is probably not wise to be a part of, with your interest in mind, when do you think that will be that a single mother will get on her feet? We're stretched thin with two and half professional jobs and a baby, though we have a mortgage and make not always the cheapest choices. You've already bought her an expensive car, more expensive than any car I've ever had. Just watch out for yourself, Adrian. Its admirable to help someone in need, but not to the point of being a sucker. Use good judgment. Don't be taken advantage of because someone else has gotten in a bad situation. You work your ass off. A lot of woman would grab a smart, hard working, skilled guy, 'cause there are many, many less than smart, less than hard working, unskilled, going nowhere choices that they would rather avoid.

Well said Sean. Take a look at the scene from three steps back once in awhile. Be as open minded as you can be and try to think from someone else's point of view. Emotion runs deep. Be careful. You got this.

Thanks guys. I've realized most of the mistakes I've made with this whole thing and have been taking it slower, looking at it from 3 steps back as Sean said. If I could do things over I would, but alas there is no time machine yet. She's gonna start looking for an income based apartment and is already applying at various jobs. I've told her I'd help her out where I could whether we stay together or not. Time will tell how it works out.

Lordy. I just spent 30 bucks and 1 hour 20 minutes with Turbo Tax to find out I'm getting only 121 bucks back on my tax return, and this was the easy form, all I've ever needed to use. That's the least I've ever received in my life.

Plus, I owe the state 11 bucks.

Back