How'd it go today?

Time will tell. I'm not giving up on the thing, I mean I shelled out the clams for it. I'd like to see a good deal of life out of it. I'll be running it from the bucket a fair bit, but if I'm dragging something up a tree with me, it'll be a 200t for now still.

I do need to go through it again and make sure I've got it set up optimally.

Maybe once the shop is ............warmer. Lol.

Waiting for mine to warm up a bit also, gotta go finish installing a radiator and change tranny filters

Today went great. Double stemmed Ash tree take down, a bit tricky. Had to transfer the load from one lowering line to another. Went like clock work, it was great. Customer was happy as usual, one of my favorite repeats. Brought home a nice load of Ash logs and the check.:)

Today went great. Double stemmed Ash tree take down, a bit tricky. Had to transfer the load from one lowering line to another. Went like clock work, it was great. Customer was happy as usual, one of my favorite repeats. Brought home a nice load of Ash logs and the check.:)

You see, this is what separates the Treehouse from other forums. A Treehouser can mention something like this in passing and then carry on like it's no big deal. No bragging, no showing off, no trying to impress the other members because he knows how to rig down a tree. We're among peers here and everyone can imagine and appreciate the task accomplished and it only builds the mutual respect here.

I've only had to attempt similar rigging a couple of times in my career and it was a huge rush and feeling of accomplishment. On days like that you'd have a hard time shoehorning my ego through the front door.

Congrats on the good job today, Bren. Maybe next time snap a picture or something. :)

You'll get the chipper fixed. I can sympathize, last month I spent $4000 on the big truck and it was down for a week and a half. And that was after the $350 tow bill. :(

You see, this is what separates the Treehouse from other forums. A Treehouser can mention something like this in passing and then carry on like it's no big deal. No bragging, no showing off, no trying to impress the other members because he knows how to rig down a tree. We're among peers here and everyone can imagine and appreciate the task accomplished and it only builds the mutual respect here.

I've only had to attempt similar rigging a couple of times in my career and it was a huge rush and feeling of accomplishment. On days like that you'd have a hard time shoehorning my ego through the front door.

Congrats on the good job today, Bren. Maybe next time snap a picture or something. :)

And here I went and posted a bunch of pictures of a simple job of dropping a few fair standing trees into an easy lay...

:cry:

:|:

Tore 2/3's of the floor out of a bedroom, 3/4" plywood HEAVILY nailed onto 3/4" hardwood floor. One 6" area had 3 3" screws and 14 2 1/4" nails. Fun times! Tomorrow I get to put the level on everything, cut the floor joists down, sister on new ones and re-deck it. I've done everything I could to avoid this job, it didn't work!

You'll get the chipper fixed. I can sympathize, last month I spent $4000 on the big truck and it was down for a week and a half. And that was after the $350 tow bill. :(
My bill isn't that bad and I feel your pain, but damn it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Oh well it breaks, we fix, we abuse, we make money, it breaks it is such a vicious cycle.

Burnham, it's always a joy seeing your work pictures. And there's a big difference between sharing pictures and showing off. ;)
I agree I love seeing them pics. It reminds me of when I was just a firewood hack with a saw, a splitter, and a truck ahh the good old days.

"Hey ya'll, I gots me a saw, no idea what I'm doin, but I knocked down this here big tree! I had to take a really big wheel loader to push it over for some reason, but damn if it ain't impressive!" Now pat me on the back or I'll give you negative rep!

So what are you saying, exactly, Rajan?
:what:
:D
I am saying it reminds me of simpler time but I think you already knew that. :beerchug:
"Hey ya'll, I gots me a saw, no idea what I'm doin, but I knocked down this here big tree! I had to take a really big wheel loader to push it over for some reason, but damn if it ain't impressive!" Now pat me on the back or I'll give you negative rep!
What saw are you using? How many tanks of gas ya got through it? Cut any cookies with it? And don't worry you can always repaint the bar to keep it looking like you have never used it.

Trudged up and down a rocky creek bed today and probably will again next week. Felled some quite dead Alder and one tried to chase me to my hiding spot :/: Slashed and burned thickets of willow and blackberry. Got paid and came home to make dinner. My feet are cold and wet and I am whooped. :P

Back