How long/how much $ for these?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_4338.jpeg IMG_4339.jpeg Went and saw them in person today. Not as healthy as they appear…no know cure for black sooty mold, and it spreads. Some are missing bark on the main trunks, sunburn I think. He can’t get his RV trailer through his gate and around the corner to the back yard. Wife wants a circle drive. Mostly he’s tired of raking a dumpster full of leaves every week.

Bigger one on the east end will have to be pulled west. Less big one on the west end leans over the grass, maybe pull or swing it. The rest can be pieced/flopped from the ground. They are just tall enough to reach the fence if dropped straight towards it, will drop them in line or angled towards the fence. They all lean a bit east. Should be a fun job, no brush to deal with.

While I know there are forklifts designed to be suitable for off hard surfaces and even rough ground, the more standard type I've operated are awful at anything besides pavement or well compacted gravel. What is yours like, @davidwyby ?

Last edited:
We were doing a job a few years ago on a industrial property and I was decking up the logs for pick up and a guy from across the street says he wants the logs. He shows up with the smallest truck I have ever seen and got stuck on asphalt.

We were doing a job a few years ago on a industrial property and I was decking up the logs for pick up and a guy from across the street says he wants the logs. He shows up with the smallest truck I have ever seen and got stuck on asphalt.
I worked a job once on a paved driveway so steep, that anything would about spin it's wheels trying to get up and out. The neighbor, I think, has a boat he kept because a guy tried to turn around by backing down that driveway, couldn't get out, and eventually floored it causing the boat to slide off. He never came back for the boat.

While I know there are forklifts designed to be suitable for off hard surfaces and even rough ground, the more standard type I've operated are awful at anything besides pavement or well compacted gravel. What is yours like, @davidwyby ?
This one is decent. I use it a lot. Grew up driving forklifts in our dirt shop yard. The ground is generally hard anywhere there is traffic, and frankly, I’m very good at driving off road as well. The part of the yard we use often and that guy’s yard might as well be concrete. The parts of our north (storage) yard that don’t get traffic get a bit soft, and my guys get stuck if they try to drive on it…I can usually drive the forklift out.

IMG_1940.jpeg

Can you add a basic grapple to the forks?

Can you quick- connect some lifting or skidding log tongs to the fork?

Done right, tongs can be used without a person 'on the ground'.
I could. I plan to build a splitter that can double as a grapple. I cut everything at the forks or bends so it’s all mostly straight logs. Easy with the long forks and some skill/expereince.

8 hours for my two helpers, 12 for me. Drop and load as we went. 84’ of decks full…plus another truckload of logs.

Hauled the three truck and trailer loads, drug them off with chains placed before loading. I Went back with the F700 and got more logs and the forklift. Sizable logs went to my yard.

Lots of ET face codoms

IMG_4983.jpeg IMG_4985.jpeg IMG_4986.jpeg IMG_4987.jpeg IMG_4991.jpeg

Back