How long/how much $ for these?

$3200 is good on the 9 trees, but $600 per stump is way over in my opinion. $400ea max in my opinion, but is even entertain $150ea if that's all they would pay with no grindings haul off. I could still pocket $1000 at the end of the day with a rented grinder, depending on the quality of the machine.
Yeah, my stump guy would charge me $100 per stump or less on those 9. Leaves me room for a little markup and everybody makes a few dollars. IMG_1183.JPG

Yeah, my stump guy would charge me $100 per stump or less on those 9. Leaves me room for a little markup and everybody makes a few dollars.View attachment 134061
Right? What good does gouging do anyone? 600 a stump is high, even for me to sneak in with my little tractor and dig them out, cutting and replacing the turf, etc.

Nice grinder BTW. Even if it's yer buds.

Right? What good does gouging do anyone? 600 a stump is high, even for me to sneak in with my little tractor and dig them out, cutting and replacing the turf, etc.

Nice grinder BTW. Even if it's yer buds.
That's an old pic, probably 15 years ago. He has a newer, bigger grinder that he bought maybe 6-7 years ago.

Put a garden gnome on each stump, no need to beat on equipment or chests, saves everyone money, and the couple can engage in long term subterfuge as they silently trade out normal gnomes for cheeky ones. Like the fat wee Santas that are mooning you.

I was just kidding, seeing how Dave gets to play with the big toys. The time estimates with big equipment aren't useful for those with a couple guys and a truck and trailer, though price comparison would be interesting.

unless those stumps are 12" and the camera is messing with it, I see close to a full day grinding, plus my price is to cover renting a grinder

my stump guy charges $6 per inch, and I see a lot of roots
without being there, $600 is my best guess, its what I would tell a customer over the phone for those
I get the full day from the SC292 my guy runs, its a sloooooooow grinder, as will be most any rental machine

Last edited:
unless those stumps are 12" and the camera is messing with it, I see close to a full day grinding, plus my price is to cover renting a grinder

without being there, $600 is my best guess, its what I would tell a customer over the phone for those
I get the full day from the SC292 my guy runs, its a sloooooooow grinder, as will be most any rental machine
If the Barreto 37 has the same range of motion as the 30, it is probably better than any Vermeer grinder in its size class. The green teeth make a big difference over Vermeer teeth, and the range of motion saves a lot of time too.

If the Barreto 37 has the same range of motion as the 30, it is probably better than any Vermeer grinder in its size class. The green teeth make a big difference over Vermeer teeth, and the range of motion saves a lot of time too.
I've used a Baretto, once. I liked it. Able to reach at odd angles in tight places, and a large swing.

$x/ inch is good in small stumps, terrible on big stumps.

$x/ inch is good in small stumps, terrible on big stumps.
yeah, id have to do math which aint happening right now, but its something like 5X the wood per inch every time you double the diameter

a 12" stump cost $72 to grind, a 4ft stump cost $288
a 12" stump takes 5 minutes, a 4ft stump takes 3 hours

if it were me I would price by the hour with something like a $300 minimum, but then again theres guys here that do any stump for $25

Could be this one. There are others in the same fashion with the same result. It's funny how consistent it is. :/:

Ya'll have seen my posts and some of the sketchy stuff I do, but even I know yanking a stump out is a bad idea lol

shoulda used a yankum rope for a better video!!!

Back