How Do I Get Pics Off Phone

RiverRat

TreeHouser
How do I transfer pics from my phone to my regular computer?
Got to be a better way than emailing them to myself.

RR, just to clarify, if its unclear what Roger meant...USB plugs and USB ports are the pretty universal connections for modern computers. A lot of wall chargers for cell phones now have one end (mini or micro USB) that plugs into the phone, the other end of the cable plugs into the body of the wall plug with a USB plug/ port situation. You can directly plug your phone into the computer in any available USB port. My PC had a pop up window that says, "do you want to download by way of X Y or Z (like download to Dropbox internet storage, download to your PC, etc)?". I get about 6 options. I frequently just download to my computer. Dropbox is free, by the way.

Thanks for the assist, Mr Sean........

I just got a new 64GB 1066x speed CF card, ..it was a special deal at B&H, waited 2 months for Lexar to supply the cards to B&H.. cost was $90... normal is $140. I tested it...the camera says it will shoot 13 raw images before it slows down the camera while the buffer recovers. Wrong, it shot about 60in 10 seconds, and still wasn't slowing down! I also have two other two cards, also 64 gb, 1000x, which cost $107 each... they're branded differently, but Lexar seconds... they both work fine too, and are almost as fast. Toshiba has a 1066x card that's no better, but is $240...

Point being is, how fast technology is moving. My first card was 512 mb, in 2002, cost over $200, and its speed was slothful..didn't matter, because the camera was only 4 mp, and didn't shoot more than 2 frames per second. Now, 12 years later, these cards are over 100 times larger, and much faster.

I also got a 500 gb SSD for my laptop, which was a mere $260..... now it boots up in a jiffy...photo and video editing will be a breeze. Going to get one or two for the desktop...which already has 4 HD's, totalling about 4 TB, and a 4 TB external HD....

How'd ya like that downpour on Wednesday? I didn't work in da trees, that's fo sho!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Roger & the rest of you thanks for the info. I ineed to download tap talk also to my phone. Every one I know that uses it is liking it. My phone is a custom S5 that I was allowed to keep from my last job.
Jeff

Tapatalk allowed me to go take and post the seven pictures in the Magic Cut thread in a matter of minutes, and could be anywhere doing it where a data signal is present. free, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I think I got it with by blue tooth.

How do I transfer pics from my phone to my regular computer?
Got to be a better way than emailing them to myself.

Did you ever figure it out?

What phone BTW ?

I use a Samsung Galaxy 3 and just run the cable between computer and phone. Super easy.

Back