Holiday Dinners

TC3

Headache !
I read an interesting article about creating holiday traditions with food. It was really cool, & struck a chord with me. We live so fast & furious, it's easy to beg off & leave the food prep to others >>> mostly a generous host !
I created a holiday tradition with my Chocolate Mousse Cake.
What's nice about it is the family or kids asking me, "Hey, did you bring that chocolate-thingy-m-bobber-cake you always make ?"
It's not always about the food... but it is. It don't even matter if they eat it, they know I spent time making it & bothered to bring it.
I'll post my recipe here.
Got a story & / or recipe for the holidays ?
Chocolate Mousse Torte
1 C. hazel nuts or walnuts
3T. butter
16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C. whipping cream
6 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/3 C. flour
1/4 C. sugar
Grease 9" springform pan. Chop nuts fine & mix with (melted) butter. Press this mixture into bottom & as far up the sides of the springform pan as possible.
In as saucepan, melt chocolate & 1/2 cream. Stir on low until just melted.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs & vanilla on low 'til mixed & add flour and sugar. Beat this mixture on high for 10 minutes.
Beat the other 1/2 cream to soft peaks & fold it gently into the egg mixture. Stir in 1/4 of the egg mixture into the chocolate. Fold the rest of this into the egg mixture, then gently fold all of this into the chocolate.
Pour into pan & bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until outer 1/3 is puffy >>> The center will still look gooey. Cool 20 min. in the oven with the door open. Cool another 20 minutes on an open space, then release the springform.
Cool another 2-3 hours before serving.
This dish holds up very well for storage, before & after baking !

Back