High capacity chip truck

This one is for sale, it is older but it is in excellent shape. 1045A Skyworker with 14' elevator, 64' working height.

Truck has 35,000 original miles. No issues.

Attachments

• 101_1870.jpg
    101_1870.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 15
Its a '93 fresh shortened and rearmount. ALC50

There is a thread about the construction of that truck somewhere here in the TH

Attachments

• 101_1863.jpg
    101_1863.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That truck is Setup with a 7.3? how many miles and what is the gvw for a short wheel base like that?

I know, I was just thinking that would be a sweet set-up. If I had a bunch of work I'd buy your truck. I hardly ever have space problems.

Someone will get it, Or I will keep it, whatever. I still have my heart set on a 4x4 bucket, when I win the lottery I guess.

I hope to get a 4x4 dump, 12 to 14 ft. bed, around F450-550 size later this year. I want the small cab type truck. Since I got the Waikiki hotel jobs, I do a lot of driving on sand. I have lost traction at times when running my 4x4 pickup in 2 whl drive.

Check this one out, Scott. 6th row down, first column.
http://www.sagontrucks.com/products.php?category=1
1997 IH 4X4 with an Altec AM855 (same as mine) for $28,500.

0.jpg

That is a big truck, What I have the worst time with is the sheer weight of the truck. Not really worried about cdl stuff, just the curb weight. My idea was the 4x4 off road buckets that asplhund and others use, with the big float tires all the way around. I have watched the spreader trucks around here just ease right across plowed fields that a stock pickup sinks up to there frame in.

Before you blast me about using mats and what not. That is what we have to do now. Plus those trucks are such shortwheelbase that they can be squeezed in almost anywhere.

Ahh, now I'm getting it. Different environments require different approaches. Something like Andrew's short wheelbase truck but 4X4.

Something like this? :)

0.jpg

Like this I have found one or two in good shape I was just hoping for diesels. Then I can crush cars on the weekends:D

Attachments

• 97-08_puddlejumper-04.jpg
    97-08_puddlejumper-04.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 97-08_puddlejumper-05.jpg
    97-08_puddlejumper-05.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 78
Then again, Like I said I have a bucket that works fine. I am considering a trade in for one of these fine machines, and turning my isuzu into my small chip truck.

Attachments

• log loader.GIF
    log loader.GIF
    31.5 KB · Views: 79
I've seen those monster Asplundh trucks... THey're pretty sweet.

Back